What’s your favourite toast topping?

Caporegime
What do you like on your toast in the morning?

Are you a simple butter fan, or do you have a sweet tooth and prefer Nutella, fluff, peanut butter or jam? (Never understood the differences between jam and conserve). Maybe even just a sprinkling of sugar.

Then you have the marmalade’s and curds. Not a curd fan myself, love a good Seville orange marmalade

The natural choice of good quality honey, runny or set

Or are you a good old fashioned marmite man? Maybe you even are a bit of a dandy and opt for a sliver of gentlemen’s relish, or maybe something completely different (crab paste lovers will be thread banned)

img

img

Associate
This all depends on the quality of the toast. If its sourdough good bread then just some butter as you want to taste the bread. If its hovis then jam as you dont want to taste it.

Soldato
Homemade marmalade, homemade blackberry jam with the seeds removed, peanut butter and i like nutella but never buy it

but mostly crunchy peanut butter

Soldato
I keep peanut butter (Skippy smooth), Nutella and Cherry Jam in my larder to use with toast depending on how Im feeling. In the morning its likely to be just butter and maybe Jam. Peanut butter and Nutella are kept for later in the days toast snacking.

Soldato
Plenty of Lurpack slightly salted or smooth peanut butter.

Stopped buying Nutella as I was eating it from the jar in the end :D

Soldato
pate.png

I have this one most mornings, with butter as well.

Cheap as chips, its basically meat paste, what's not to like?

Mackerel paste

Yeah I don't mind fish pastes either, I really used to like crab paste but I have not seen that in the shops now for a long time :(

Caporegime
OP
pate.png

I have this one most mornings, with butter as well.

Cheap as chips, its basically meat paste, what's not to like?

Yeah I don't mind fish pastes either, I really used to like crab paste but I have not seen that in the shops now for a long time :(
You can get crab paste in Asda, Morrisons, Sainsburys and Waitrose.

I like pate on toast, but I prefer Brussels smooth

Last edited:
Soldato
If early usually Bovril or Marmite as I generally prefer savoury first thing. Marmalade if later in the morning and if I fancy something really sweet a bit of Golden Syrup.

Back
Top Bottom