What's your weekly flutter?

Associate
I once had a 50p bet with my Nan on the Grand National.
She won, she got the pound and she gave it to me.
Never bet since, I hate earning it so I'm not interested in chucking it away.

Commissario
I've started doing Euromillions by direct debit, one draw a week with a lucky dip.
I also do the postcode lottery, I won a £5 M&S voucher from that a few weeks ago which Mrs. Feek used to buy me a steak and kidney pudding.
Oh, the extravagance.

Soldato
@LeeUK
Any tales from the life of a newly minted gentleman of leisure? Are you still working or have you jacked that in? Hope you're doing well and nobody is giving you any bovine excrement after your win :)

edited for right Lee UK :D @LeeUK

I'm pleased you asked, I gave up that job at the slot machine shop back in March after working every weekend for 5 months and I've been enjoying my free time ever since. Still happy as a gentleman of leisure although I still need to find better use of my time and do much more fun stuff. :)

September marks the first complete year of payments from my 30 year price. Only 29 more years to go from next month. :D

Since this time last year about £130K+ has entered by bank account from winnings and wages. :cool:

(Plus interest but not included in above total ;))

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm pleased you asked, I gave up that job at the slot machine shop back in March after working every weekend for 5 months and I've been enjoying my free time ever since. Still happy as a gentleman of leisure although I still need to find better use of my time and do much more fun stuff. :)

September marks the first complete year of payments from my 30 year price. Only 29 more years to go from next month. :D

Since this time last year about £130K+ has entered by bank account from winnings and wages. :cool:

(Plus interest but not included in above total ;))

That's class, you're living the dream there chap. Enjoy :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Your second winter... now the dust has settled I suggest renting a pad Florida for 4 months for some winter sun :)

Soldato
Did they offer you an account with the banks that us mere plebs can't get access to? Bet their interest rates are good :)

Nope never got asked. :( I just got asked for my bank details on the claims forms along with documentary proof that it was my bank account. I was also asked for proof of the bank account that was used to top up my national lottery account. I would have liked a Coutts or a C. Hoare & Co. account just for the ***** and giggles. :D Maybe if I asked they might have been able to arrange it, who knows.

I think you need min £500K deposit for Coutts or a combination of cash, investments, mortgage or something before they give you an account. Not sure about C. Hoare, think you need to be introduced by someone who already banks with them.

I do qualify for a NatWest premier account with a £100K min deposit per year but I'm happy with Starling.

Your second winter... now the dust has settled I suggest renting a pad Florida for 4 months for some winter sun :)

Nice idea but I've been sweating all summer here with the heat. :)

Soldato
Nope never got asked. :( I just got asked for my bank details on the claims forms along with documentary proof that it was my bank account. I was also asked for proof of the bank account that was used to top up my national lottery account. I would have liked a Coutts or a C. Hoare & Co. account just for the ***** and giggles. :D Maybe if I asked they might have been able to arrange it, who knows.

I think you need min £500K deposit for Coutts or a combination of cash, investments, mortgage or something before they give you an account. Not sure about C. Hoare, think you need to be introduced by someone who already banks with them.

I do qualify for a NatWest premier account with a £100K min deposit per year but I'm happy with Starling.

Nice idea but I've been sweating all summer here with the heat. :)
I spend FAR too much time day dreaming of what I'd do with 10k a month for 30 years. What cars I'd get (2 - a run around, probably keep the 3008 GTLine I've got now tbh lol and my dream Mansory RSQ8), what I'd do to extend the home, getting my first employee for my business etc....

I know I'll never win it but reading your updates and knowing you won it, kind of scratches that itch I have to know what it's like. Apologies for the 101 question routine lol. I'm just curious about it all and what it feels like :)

Soldato
I spend FAR too much time day dreaming of what I'd do with 10k a month for 30 years. What cars I'd get (2 - a run around, probably keep the 3008 GTLine I've got now tbh lol and my dream Mansory RSQ8), what I'd do to extend the home, getting my first employee for my business etc....

I know I'll never win it but reading your updates and knowing you won it, kind of scratches that itch I have to know what it's like. Apologies for the 101 question routine lol. I'm just curious about it all and what it feels like :)

Still can't believe it myself. I too used to dream about winning it and used to have conversations with colleagues at the factory I worked at about winning it as I would tease them when I used to get an email at work saying I'd won a prize but couldn't check until I got home as I didn't have the app on my phone, although back then it was just the usual £5 or £10 prize. :p I used to work alongside with a few older guys in their 60s so our convos were always about money and retirement lol.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I spend FAR too much time day dreaming of what I'd do with 10k a month for 30 years.
I've done the same haha.

£4k/m long term (12m+) savings, basically £50k/year to use for house purchase/investments
£1k/m short term savings, eg. Flights, gadgets etc
£2k/m rent/expenses
£2k/m general spending like a boss
£1k/m giving to family/friends

All this whilst sitting on a beach somewhere in Asia first, then keep moving countries every 6 months and experience the world. No way would I waste any more time in the UK.

@LeeUK curious how you actuallysplit yours up, or you prefer to not say

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a Natwest Premier and tbh it's only major perk is if you want the £9/mo top-up for having 2 direct debits. Not exactly life changing money in your position :cry:

Btw if you sign up they will pretty much let anyone in. No proof is required at all.

Soldato
I've done the same haha.

£4k/m long term (12m+) savings, basically £50k/year to use for house purchase/investments
£1k/m short term savings, eg. Flights, gadgets etc
£2k/m rent/expenses
£2k/m general spending like a boss
£1k/m giving to family/friends

All this whilst sitting on a beach somewhere in Asia first, then keep moving countries every 6 months and experience the world. No way would I waste any more time in the UK.

@LeeUK curious how you actuallysplit yours up, or you prefer to not say

I don't actually split it up as of yet. I usually leave a couple of K in my current account for bills and general spending like a boss and everything else gets transferred into savings accounts for maximum interest. I'm due my 13th instalment this week and the whole lot will be transferred over to savings straight away as I still have a few K in my current account so don't need any more general spending money yet.

I have spent to date around £17-18K on home renovations/repairs and I put £10K deposit down on my Jag when I got it at the end of last year. I'm due to start an investment portfolio with a prestigious financial planning company which the lottery put winners in touch with but they appear to be dragging their feet so might look for alternative arrangements. I've also spent a little bit on close family.

It's hard to say what you'll actually do once you do win though, I had this conversation with my lottery claims adviser and she said she hears it all the time where winners have their dreams all planned out but when they actually do win it's a different ball game.

I have a Natwest Premier and tbh it's only major perk is if you want the £9/mo top-up for having 2 direct debits. Not exactly life changing money in your position :cry:

Btw if you sign up they will pretty much let anyone in. No proof is required at all.

I used to bank with RBS before I switched over to Starling in 2017 and I don't think I want to go back to using their antiquated banking system just for the Premier name. :p

Back
Top Bottom