• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Custom ones were good as long as they weren't the MSI Twin Frozr..
Well, I got through 2 Sapphire trixx and both had a rattling cooler/fans. One I've gave back, the other I kinda did a DYS solution with tape and custom curves - it only rattled at specific RPMs. It ended up with one fan spinning slower and being a bit outside of it's normal place, but the other 2 were fine and overall temps were good. Heck, even overclocked decently :))

Anyway, bottom line is that the original card, with all its reviews, was a very bad representative of GPUs themselves. AMD managed to shoot themselves in the foot when it was a nice, clear victory by being cheap! Then one more time with the re-release of the R290/x as R390/x series, but with useless 8GB vRAM which only increased power consumption for nothing... This series is not the first offering an overkill vRAM amount for nothing.

So yeah, AMD does need someone with a clear head managing that side of the business. I mean really, how can you not test a card in a normal PC case and don't see it has issues - like with the 7900 series?

Maybe they'll learn. Eventually.

Last edited:
Soldato
Reminds me of the members market. Someone lists something for a decent price, someone posts offering £1 less or something because they just have to get a deal, then another member just offers the fair asking price in the first place and the other loses out.

Edit: Just to clarify, not saying that's what happened in your case, just reminded me of the MM.
I find any of the really good deals on MM seem to get snapped up within a minute or two by the same 3 or 4 people anyway.

Reactions: G J

G J

G J

Associate
I find any of the really good deals on MM seem to get snapped up within a minute or two by the same 3 or 4 people anyway.
Yep, the whole people getting mad at the posting rules change for ongoing MM access thing was an eye opener as good luck getting anything. I'm calling to call BS on the reason why someone needs 2/3 or more GPUs in short time frame that isnt for reselling.
Flip it where though? eBay? Too risky imo. I do sell some stuff on eBay where I feel people here not offering what I would like or could get, but generally prefer selling here as chances of a scam occurring are a lot lower.
You would think people would be happy with a great deal they got from the MM but during the GPU's shortages there where a few times where I saw auctions that where very suspect.

Probably using the parts to build systems on the cheap then selling those.
Well we have some people say they build PC's and do do that thing as a side hussle and you check their post history in the MM and hmm...

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, the whole people getting mad at the posting rules change for ongoing MM access thing was an eye opener as good luck getting anything. I'm calling to call BS on the reason why someone needs 2/3 or more GPUs in short time frame that isnt for reselling.

You would think people would be happy with a great deal they got from the MM but during the GPU's shortages there where a few times where I saw auctions that where very suspect.

Well we have some people say they build PC's and do do that thing as a side hussle and you check their post history in the MM and hmm...
One day,I will grace the illustrious Members Market with my greatness. And you will obey. You will sell me the GPU I want for cheap.

Or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom