Which 27" G-Sync 1440P 144/165Hz IPS/TN Monitor?

Associate
OP
Nice thread hijack Fireblade77...

Lots and lots of people are happy with theirs. You only read negative comments because happy people don't bother writing comments or reviews, which explains why various sites actually have high review ratings for this monitor but the number of them are low. Those with a poor experience are still the minority. I'm happy with mine. IPS glow is a characteristic of IPS screens. And which monitor out there doesn't have BLB these days? TN's are worse for BLB.

I bought 2 of these and side by side with my TN XL2410t which has a lot of BLB (and many reviews complained about this) I can barely see any on mine. This may be because mine were manufactured in December 2015 and therefore has the issues you mentioned fixed. I really can't fault these and I'm very very happy with mine, it's just that if you hadn't posted I probably wouldn't feel the need to say how happy I was with my own, going back to the fact that most people who are happy with theirs don't always post reviews or comments whereas the minority that have issues always speak out and make it seem like the majority are having issues...

Associate
Nice thread hijack Fireblade77...

Lots and lots of people are happy with theirs. You only read negative comments because happy people don't bother writing comments or reviews, which explains why various sites actually have high review ratings for this monitor but the number of them are low. Those with a poor experience are still the minority. I'm happy with mine. IPS glow is a characteristic of IPS screens. And which monitor out there doesn't have BLB these days? TN's are worse for BLB.

I bought 2 of these and side by side with my TN XL2410t which has a lot of BLB (and many reviews complained about this) I can barely see any on mine. This may be because mine were manufactured in December 2015 and therefore has the issues you mentioned fixed. I really can't fault these and I'm very very happy with mine, it's just that if you hadn't posted I probably wouldn't feel the need to say how happy I was with my own, going back to the fact that most people who are happy with theirs don't always post reviews or comments whereas the minority that have issues always speak out and make it seem like the majority are having issues...

As I said I'm going off the 2 I have just had and both of them I can say the ips glow or back light bleed in the corners is far too much for my taste. I'm talking about it coming into the screen about 3 inches from the bottom 2 corners and about 1 inch in the top 2 corners and weather this is a normal thing for ips or not I just cant say that its acceptable when u spend almost £700. as I also said that TN panels have back light bleed as well but in all my years of gaming ive never seen any of them this bad and most of them all cost under £300 except my last Samsung SA950 27" which I think was around £450 -£500 3 and half years ago. I just cant sit there and play a game or watching a movie in a dark scene with all that glowing from the corners so the fact I had one and sent it back and got another one which was better but still not good enough in the last week tells me its not only a few wouldn't you say ?
I do agree that probably most people will write in a forum if its bad and not bother if its good but I'm going off what I just had not what other people say.
I actually didn't read any bad reviews of it and that's why I bought it and then when I saw the problem and came on some forums and saw how many others had this same problem that's when I thought maybe there are many bad ones.
everything else about the monitor was good.
Just as a matter of interest would you be able to post a photo of your screen with an all black image so I can see what you say is ok for you and a normal ips panel and I do understand that the camera will make it look worse than it is in real.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom