Which 64GB DDR5 Memory kit for Intel 14700K/14900K /Z790 ?

Soldato
Guys am getting a little struck on which 64GB memory kit to choose for a 14700k/14900k/ Z790 setup
Maybe it just me but there seems to be hardly any 64GB XMP kits for intel :confused: :( It doesn't help that the Ocuk search bar on there website still doesn't work

I would like something like this 64GB kit but these are really for an AMD setup (EXPO)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If you put "64GB DDR5" in the search box, it displays all the kits, but the selection isn't super extensive.

I'd consider something like the top one for stock running and the bottom one for OC:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £403.98 (includes delivery: £3.99)​

If it needs to be RGB, I don't know.

Associate
Here is a list of all the 64GB DDR5 kits

I would go for these. Should be able to oc them aswell

Soldato
OP
If you put "64GB DDR5" in the search box, it displays all the kits, but the selection isn't super extensive.

I'd consider something like the top one for stock running and the bottom one for OC:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £403.98 (includes delivery: £3.99)​

If it needs to be RGB, I don't know.
Here is a list of all the 64GB DDR5 kits

I would go for these. Should be able to oc them aswell

Not sure how the search bar is workiing for you guys as it doesn't work on my system (Am using Microsoft edge)
I can enter txt in the search bar but pressing return seems to do nothing

Last edited:
Associate
I haven’t ordered anything yet,

Am still trying to workout if I want to wait for the new gen CPU’s & motherboards to be released due sometime near the end of the year
That's October so 8 months away. AMD is the same. As long as you can use your current machine until then that's fine but I would always assume that something new is coming out in a few months and if you need a new PC, just go for it.

There are some deals to be had as well and RAM is only going to get more expensive since it's all time low over the past two months.

Soldato
OP
That's October so 8 months away. AMD is the same. As long as you can use your current machine until then that's fine but I would always assume that something new is coming out in a few months and if you need a new PC, just go for it.

There are some deals to be had as well and RAM is only going to get more expensive since it's all time low over the past two months.

I had about £800+ of PC stuff ( A 2TB & 4TB 990 pro M.2s , Asus 1200watt Thor PSU etc ) just sitting on my desk for about 5 months waiting for me to upgrade my rig

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why does that kit have two speed ratings? 7200 MT/s and 6600 MT/s.

Am guessing it because the 6600 speed has better timings, I haven’t seen any proper reviews for this exact ram kit yet

Am hoping to receive all the items i need to build my PC by next weekend (if am lucky as one the AIO coolers i ordered is still on back order)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How did you get on with them mate ?
I got them installed and running at 6600mhz but am waiting for my 4090 gpu to arrive before playing around with my new system upgrade.

I only just installed windows last night after work so I haven’t had time to install anything else yet like steam, games, benchmarks etc

Last edited:
Associate
This 64GB Corsair 6600mhz memory kit has still been working fine at the XMP 6600mhz setting with no issues or crashes

I have not tried overclocking them manually as am not really sure how you do that.
Glad you got it sorted mate. Overclocking ram is quite time consuming. If your wanting to overclock them you can try change the speed to say 6800 and then test for stability.

Back
Top Bottom