• I will buy neither console

Votes: 88 8.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 120 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I've always been a true, lover of games, to me it's utterly bizarre how someone can specifically say they're only getting one or the other. I've never put myself in that situation since the SNES/Mega Drive days (and that's only because my friend who lived down the street had a Mega Drive.)

Soldato
Haven't bought a console for years, so no loyalty issue for me, waited until the reveals and the PS4 was the easy winner, all MS have done is close the gap a bit and done what they should have the 1st place.

Don't see why I should reward MS for being forced to go back on their consumer-unfriendly big-brother antics, so I will buy PS4 only

MS are far too creepy for my taste.

Soldato
I've always been a true, lover of games, to me it's utterly bizarre how someone can specifically say they're only getting one or the other. I've never put myself in that situation since the SNES/Mega Drive days (and that's only because my friend who lived down the street had a Mega Drive.)

Money doesnt grow on trees unfortunatly. I consider my self a "hardcore gamer" and only own one or the other.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
ps4 again as lets be honest ms cant be trusted, they kept saying that the xbone was built around the whole 24 hour check in and the drm and now its not. funny how easy it was turned off. just imagine how easy it would be to turn back on in 18 months or so once they have a few million units sold.

Caporegime
ps4 again as lets be honest ms cant be trusted

You are aware of some of the things Sony have done in the past aren't you?

If Microsoft were to do that they'd face lawsuits. If you're going to be that paranoid then there is nothing stopping Sony adding that system in (after all they removed Linux functionality from the PS3 without warning!)

Caporegime
Paper actually does grow on trees, but that's another matter.
I've been preparing for this next-generation for some time. I already have a total of £621 in credits towards the new machines and have a further 6 months, and that's just to buy both on launch day this year.
A generation is at least 5 years long, the last one considerably longer, so to say you can't get both in a generation because it's "too expensive" is ridiculous.

HeX

HeX

Soldato

I doubt there are many folks who can drop over a grand on launch day consoles and games.

I'll get one near launch, and ignore the other until a few years down the line when I can pick one up for cheap to play through all the exclusives i've missed.

Exactly what I've done this gen. Had a 360 since launch, picked up a 2nd hand PS3 last week for peanuts. Currently working my way through Killzone, Uncharted, God of War, LBP and the other AAA game series I've missed.

Caporegime

If Microsoft were to do that they'd face lawsuits. If you're going to be that paranoid then there is nothing stopping Sony adding that system in (after all they removed Linux functionality from the PS3 without warning!)

Sony are the most trustworthy company around. It doesn't matter that they lost loads of personal information and credit card details a mere 2 years ago!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
still going to get a ps4 first..but there is now no barrier for me to get an xbox one at some point

shame it took them so long to realise what a terrible idea it all was in the first place

but they will have to sell a version without kinect as it is off no use to me in my little spare bedroom.

Associate
ps4 again as lets be honest ms cant be trusted, they kept saying that the xbone was built around the whole 24 hour check in and the drm and now its not. funny how easy it was turned off. just imagine how easy it would be to turn back on in 18 months or so once they have a few million units sold.

of course the system was built around it, and all those hours those engineers working on the functionality had to put in has just been thrown out, that and the cost of all of it must have been quite costly considering what they were aiming for. All that hard work thrown to the side, yes it may be brought back and I actually hope before launch.. while keeping the offline functionality as it is. That'd be ideal for both types of user that exists out there.

Caporegime
I doubt there are many folks who can drop over a grand on launch day consoles and games.

As I mentioned above, this isn't a "Day One" poll, it's which will you buy Next Gen, and many are saying over the potential 5-8 year next-gen window they're only buying one machine. You said it yourself, you bought one for peanuts.

Caporegime
of course the system was built around it, and all those hours those engineers working on the functionality had to put in has just been thrown out, that and the cost of all of it must have been quite costly considering what they were aiming for. All that hard work thrown to the side, yes it may be brought back and I actually hope before launch.. while keeping the offline functionality as it is. That'd be ideal for both types of user that exists out there.
Yes! I'm disappointed that we're now not seeing any changes because, for me, they were almost all positive and they outweighed the few that weren't.
I'm hoping that any game purchased digitally will work the way they were originally intended. If so, that's how I'll be doing it.

GAC

GAC

Soldato

i know it sounds daft but better the devil you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom