White Out

Soldato
I'm in awe of how good your RAM looks on the BE! Kinda making me think twice about my red ram choice on my ROG build, but my budget wouldn't stretch far enough for a BE build ;)

I feel like the GPU back plates should be candy white ngl. great build otherwise. :)

I'm of a similar kinda feeling - the solid black of the GPU's and the bridge could be broken up some, an easier solution would be some white EK-plugs on the bridge? Totally down to your preference though - painting the backplates would probably work out cheaper! ;)

I've got some white spray and always intended to spray my 7970 backplate... Just lots of other things to do first lol!

Associate
OP
I'm of a similar kinda feeling - the solid black of the GPU's and the bridge could be broken up some, an easier solution would be some white EK-plugs on the bridge? Totally down to your preference though - painting the backplates would probably work out cheaper! ;)

I have thought about buying the Monsoon 1/4" white plugs and putting them in both cards as the white and i have thought spraying the SLI bridge, although i kind of want to try putting the cards in parallel instead of series.

On another note, i've been talking to Monsoon and they are trying to sort me out a custom white faceplate for the front of my bay res!

Associate
OP
Nice build mate just bought the same case in white also so sexy :)
Got a question for you the rad under the videocards,can you fit 120mms there instead of the 140mm?

Yes, the radiator at the bottom is 240mm one, so can fit x2 120mm on the bracket that is supplied at the bottom of the case.

Soldato
On another note, i've been talking to Monsoon and they are trying to sort me out a custom white faceplate for the front of my bay res!

Sweet let us know how you get along with it!

I've just had another drool through your pictures... The tidyness of the rear is amazing! How did you get it so clean and perfect looking? My cables never seem to be the right length and always seem to be cramped in a couple of key areas...

Check out my build log whiteknight it's in there

That does look great! If only they did cool bridges for AMD :(

Associate
OP
The tidyness of the rear is amazing! How did you get it so clean and perfect looking? My cables never seem to be the right length and always seem to be cramped in a couple of key areas...

I always take more time with the cables round the back than i do actually installing the parts and watercooling!

My aim was to make all the cables "flow" kind of like arteries (if that makes any sense at all?)

There will be some updates to this build coming at the end of the month, will look forward to posing pictures!

On another note i was thinking of changing the GPU's from series to parallel circuit, will this make the temperatures between the cards equal? I don't know much of the difference, other than the looks ofcourse?

Soldato
On another note i was thinking of changing the GPU's from series to parallel circuit, will this make the temperatures between the cards equal? I don't know much of the difference, other than the looks ofcourse?

In theory it should speed up the waterflow of the whole loop (less resistance), both cards should receive the same/similar flow/pressure and in theory temperature of water, but the water flow/pressure across the 2 GPU blocks will be lower than in series.

I guess the shortfall is if one card is producing more heat than the other the reduced flow/pressure will unbalance it more alongside the other, but unless you're hammering the limits of the cards it shouldn't cause a problem! :rolleyes:

Better info and knowledge in the WC area of the forum ;)

Soldato

If you just want to split the WCing to branch rather than 2 separate loops you risk one side becoming more restricted (due to buildup/other factors) and the water won't cool it efficiently and could cause a major problem if unnoticed

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info guys.

I am tempted to leave it as it is, there is about a 2 degree difference at idle temps and about a 4 degree difference under load so i don't think it warrents it!

Associate
OP
Mate this looks great. Really nice job on the build.

Why didn't you go with Acrylic?

To be honest i'm not really a fan of hard tubing, i prefer the curves of flexible tubing, providing there isn't any slack or sag with the tubing.

Also there really isn't that much tubing on show, which was my whole design idea when thinking about the flow of the tubing.

Associate
I dunno how I missed the update and final pictures ! But here I am and I'd just like to say what and awesome look the finished rig has. I'm actually rather jealous of the white case over the black one.
I just have one question, why did you choose not to use the vertical cover which kinda hides the cables and gromits? Did you want to show the cabling flowing away like arteries I think you said previously. Its not a criticism, I'm just curious. I fitted mine to try for a minimal look.

Stunning though mate, love it. What other plans do you have then? Are we going to see any changes soon?
I'm toying with the idea of hardline but atm I'm just enjoying using the machine rather than taking it apart again ;)

Back
Top Bottom