White Out

Associate
OP
To be completely honest I just assumed as I had x2 780's in the rig that the bracket wouldn't fit, I never test fitted it with them installed, I'm assuming you mean the pump bracket that covers the grommets?

There was going to be updates to this build, I'm going to add some lighting to the case, I'm thinking of red and white lights! I was going. to get a red led strip to light up the phanteks logo in the little window, and use x2 30cm lighting strips to light up the motherboard and GPU's!

Thanks for checking out the final build pictures though!

Associate
To be completely honest I just assumed as I had x2 780's in the rig that the bracket wouldn't fit, I never test fitted it with them installed, I'm assuming you mean the pump bracket that covers the grommets?

There was going to be updates to this build, I'm going to add some lighting to the case, I'm thinking of red and white lights! I was going. to get a red led strip to light up the phanteks logo in the little window, and use x2 30cm lighting strips to light up the motherboard and GPU's!

Thanks for checking out the final build pictures though!

Yeah the pump bracket, I actually had to cut mine to fit with the 780Ti's in place the original "cut out" wasn't long enough for my cards to work in Sli I had to move bottom card down a slot.

Yeah I have some white LED strips also but I've never taken a "running" picture, must do that as one of my strips is behind the pump bracket ;)

Associate
OP
Yeah the pump bracket, I actually had to cut mine to fit with the 780Ti's in place the original "cut out" wasn't long enough for my cards to work in Sli I had to move bottom card down a slot.

Yeah I have some white LED strips also but I've never taken a "running" picture, must do that as one of my strips is behind the pump bracket ;)

A small part of me wanted to remove that bracket so i can see the cables that i sleeved, i do plan on making more of a feature of them and also contemplated changing the sleeve to white.....not sure on that front tho?

As for the lighting i wanted to use these.....

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-041-BX

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-055-BX

Do you know if the plug on these are compatible to the LED connectors in the case? I want to be able to switch the lighting off /on with the switch.

Associate
Those can be powered directly off a molex judging by the images on the product page. I used the the Phantek connectors for my side strips which used the dupont connectors.

Associate
OP
Those can be powered directly off a molex judging by the images on the product page. I used the the Phantek connectors for my side strips which used the dupont connectors.

I don't really wish to use the molex connector though, i want to use those dupont connectors that are in the case i hoped that those LED's had the same connector on them? not sure if they are!

Associate
OP
On another note i'm thinking of changing the colour of my sleeve, not sure i like the black at all :p i'm thinking white, but i think red will also look good??

I will be adding lights shortly, expect pics soon! :D

Associate
OP
Hey,

Sorry for the delay with any updates regarding this build! Life has been far too busy just lately! Anyway i have some parts that have arrived today, here are some pictures (because we all love pictures!!)

DSC_117.jpg

DSC_118.jpg

DSC_119.jpg

DSC_120.jpg

Associate
OP
My reasoning for buying the external hard drive is that i wanted to move the HDD that was gheto mounted in the bottom of my case into this enclosure, and having SSD only storage in the computer.

The new setup will be the following:

x2 60Gb Corsair Force LS in raid 0 - This is just for Win7 and Drivers
x2 500gb Samsung 840 Evo in raid 0 - This is for games and additional programs

Here are some pictures of the Icy Dock:-

DSC_121.jpg

DSC_122.jpg

DSC_123.jpg

DSC_124.jpg

DSC_125.jpg

Can anyone recommend a decent drive benchmark software? I want to test the performance i get with the new SSD's.

Associate
OP
I've done a few updates to the build mainly the following:

Added x3 LED strips to the interior of the Enthoo Primo
Added x2 500gb Samsung Evo SSD's
Replaced the Mayhems liquid (the old Mayhem's liquid although being clear had turned blue???)
I've re-sleeved all the PSU cables with white sleeve

Finally a few pictures of the complete build......

DSC_126.jpg

DSC_127.jpg

DSC_128.jpg

*^* I didn't really like the GPU power cables in this configuration so i changed them to one below, let me know what you guys think of either of them!

DSC_131.jpg

DSC_129.jpg

DSC_130.jpg

Next on my purchase list is the ROG swift Monitor! will post updates when it arrives!

Back
Top Bottom