Who has been to Tenerife?

Soldato
Are there any serious recommendations on what to see/do out there apart from getting drunk, smashing pasty and sleeping? :D

Soldato
The Aqua park is amaze balls! Think it's called Siam Park.

I would definitely go for the fast passes if you choose a busy day of the week.

Oh and there was a monkey zoo. It's great, the animals are really well treated and very friendly. You will get some amazing photos with them.

Soldato
As above, Siam Park is brilliant. I stayed in the Playa de Las Americas area when I went last time but we mostly just drank and sunbathed and went to that water park (there's a free bus from near the hotels we were staying at).

Soldato
Siam Park is awesome, I'd happily spend more than one day there. We went on the boat trip and saw whales and dolphins which was cool as well, I want to go to up to Mt. Teide next time too. Oh and the food at Hardrock Cafe is awesome.

Soldato
Mt. Tiede is ok, but takes ages to get there,and when its hot down on the shore it can be a bit of a let down, as its freezing up there,

random fact, the original Planet of the Apes was filmed up there, and when you see it, you will recognize it straight away.

Soldato
I went two years back.

Taxis are crazy just like any other country really. As said above Siam park is amazing. We never got the free bus we paid for a taxi it was maybe about 8 euros from where we stayed (gran oasis resort) and it meant we beat the buses so the first hour or two the park was empty so we went on everything Atleast once before the masses turned up. Got stupidly busy just after lunch but as we had been there since opening we didn't feel in a rush to queue for everything. So if highly advises just getting a taxi there for when it opens.

Also the monkey park was good all the animals were great. And there's another big zoo place we never went but it's meant to be good fun.

Obviously like any European country that offers all inclusive resorts and being Tenerife it was very heavily populated with Brits ( a lot of chavs too but I never had an issue in fact me and the gf mwt a nice family from Dagenham believe it or not haha)

We never really went out out but I've got some friends out there right now that say it's great.

Soldato
OP
thanks for the tips seems this water park is a good idea

I love the idea of hiring a car, it is so cheap but bit worried about navigation in tenerife.
What are the roads like out there? just your typical european roads?

Soldato

I love the idea of hiring a car, it is so cheap but bit worried about navigation in tenerife.

Yeah pretty straight forward. Bring a European sat nav with you or save the maps on your phone before you go.

Soldato

Every one drives like a maniac as you expect, but I've never been on a bus with such a crazy driver in my life, all the buses and coaches just gun it everywhere it's insane.

Tbh you don't really need a car, taxis are dirt cheap and it means you can drink and not worry. Plus they know the roads better than you ever will so nice and quick.

APM

APM

Associate
Hire a car,go to Masca and Anaga/Tegueste/Bajamar.

Take a camera for the second one as you'll want people to see the road.

Back
Top Bottom