Will you be buying Apple Vision Pro once it gets released in the UK.?

Associate
Now that I‘m 100% sure Quest 3 just isn’t good enough for me I’m thinking of buying Apple Vision Pro once it‘s released here in UK.
I will give it a go at Apple Store and if i like it I’ll buy one for further testing.
For me to keep it it has to be free of the issues with optics I’m seeing with quest 3 and those are:
Internal reflections of pancake lenses in high contrast content
Reduced brightness and sharpness near the edges of the displays
Chromatic aberration
Bad black levels and contrast (this one is rather obvious that oled displays will eliminate completely).
I also don’t wan’t to see any kind of distortion from lenses so in other words for around £3500 starting price I expect perfection in display/optics department.
If there are software bugs and teething issues I’m willing to accept those.
Just to be clear I’m not saying the Quest 3 is a bad headset especially for the price just that it is not good enough for me and my use case.
While I like VR games there is nothing worthwhile for me apart from half life Alyx and I finished that multiple times including all the better mods so my main use case is video watching and desktop use in mixed reality.

Associate
OP
How about the Varjo xr4 instead? Looks like it has amazing specs and it is a pc headset which includes controllers
At that price I will not accept lcd displays.
Also I want standalone device as like I said before I will be using it for video viewing and desktop usage in mixed reality.
This was my intended use case for Quest 3 and gaming was just a bonus feature.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
and it won't cos Meta is more focused on monopolising the market than producing high quality headsets... their vision is to own VR/MR
And that’s good as the more people use VR the better, the issue is that we don’t get good PCVR games anymore.
I gave Asgards Wrath 2 a go and after 3 minutes I turned it off.
The quality of the second game on Quest 3 versus the first one on PC is night and day.
Such a shame they didn’t release it on PC this time.

Associate
OP
I like Apple but there’s no way I’m spending that sort of money on a first gen product.

I didn’t think I would even think about buying one but after returning so many Quest 3 headsets and being disappointed every time I’m ready to pay the price.
The lenses and displays have to be perfect for me to keep it though.
Not sure what my partner will say about that thought so will have to slowly put the idea in her head.

Associate
I own a couple of Apple products, i'm not an Apple hater or lover. Imo Apple get a lot of things just right with their products but tbh I can't afford the AVP even if I wanted 1. I enjoy mixed reality with the Q3 so I'd be interested in what this is like with the AVP. Glad they've released it, it will add to the VR/MR/AR/XR ecosystem.

Back
Top Bottom