Windows 11 is garbage

Soldato
So, as per some earlier posts, I'm in the process of commissioning a new machine, on which my dual-boot of two Win 10 OSes are being replaced with Win 11

Been at this on and off for about a week now and have come to the inescapable conclusion that Windows 11 is just garbage.

So much stuff has been nerfed, unnecessarily tweaked or just plain broken compared to 10. It feels like 10 reached a good level of maturity and now Microsoft felt the need to just mess with stuff to produce something "new" in Windows 11.

My biggest gripe so far is the nerfed start menu and task bar which are far less functional than before.
Folder grouping is also driving me insane. In Windows 10 you could disable this, apply to all folders and it just stuck. This is utterly broken in Windows 11 and just keeps re-enabling itself.
Several things now take additional clicks/selections compared to 10 which is a retrograde step.
Some annoying notifications simply can't be disabled.

I'm sure a myriad more "features" will come out of the woodwork as I progress.
Frankly I'd much prefer to stay with 10 but that's not a long-term solution.

Permabanned
It feels like 10 reached a good level of maturity

It would, it’s been out far longer than 11. When 11 reaches end of life everything more than likely be fixed and everything will be ok.

Just in time for 12 to drop and break everything all over again.

Every day that has gone by since windows 95 same stuff every cycle.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah very poor OS, you can tweak or use 3rd party software to fix a lot of it but then at the mercy of whether it'll be compatible with updates and/or have to faff around doing it all over again.

I'm still laughing sadly at how the Start Menu is such an abortion while functionally, but sadly not reusable in that way, the Widgets thing has everything to make a proper Start Menu.

Some absolute clowns working on the development of the OS.

Don
Use file explorer patcher, this restored everything back to Windows 10 along with the quick launch

Except on the occasions when updates break it, and you boot to no desktop :(
Happened twice to me with different updates before switching to StartAllBack

(But again it would be better if it wasn't just **** in the first place)

Soldato
OP
Except on the occasions when updates break it, and you boot to no desktop :(
Happened twice to me with different updates before switching to StartAllBack

(But again it would be better if it wasn't just **** in the first place)

Yeah, there are numerous aftermarket gadgets aimed at restoring missing functionality, especially around the Start menu and task bar, the problem is they're not 100% reliable and are more than likely to break as the OS is updated.

I even had a nightmare installing the damn OS today. I'm installing two totally separate OSes for dual-boot. Installed the first last week using a 21H2 ISO and then updated to 23H2 absolutely fine. Today, doing the exact same process, it totally refused to offer me the 23H2 update or even 22H2 so I was stuck on 21H1.
In the end I had to wipe it and download a fresh ISO of 23H2.

Utter garbage Microsoft.

Back
Top Bottom