Windows 11 is garbage

Soldato
Yeah, it's a bit silly going public about issues you have with what's essentially a 'beta' build....lol

Win11 (alpha) is rock solid in my experience...my only bug bears (excuse the pun) are the UI changes that sometimes don't make sense (to me) and result in far more clicks to do what I used to be able to do blindfolded in win10.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Win11 (alpha) is rock solid in my experience...my only bug bears (excuse the pun) are the UI changes that sometimes don't make sense (to me) and result in far more clicks to do what I used to be able to do blindfolded in win10.
Same, the OS works fine, but for productivity it is more awkward to use for no good reason.

Soldato
Take your pick it is either incompetence or they want everyone having to run hardware which support TPM and that isn't for any reasons favourable to the end user...

It's not even just TPM...my 2ndary PC is an i5 6600k and can quite easily run win11, and the mobo has the correct version of TPM..but no... only 8th gen intel or later is supported.

When support for win10 stops i'll have to make a choice for that machine.. I'll have to run it sandboxed/offline if i want to play games in windows, or I'll be forced to put linux mint on it or something. It has an AMD graphics card, which I hear is better than Invidia for gaming in linux environments..so I'll see what's what win10 stops getting security updates I guess.

Man of Honour
It's not even just TPM...my 2ndary PC is an i5 6600k and can quite easily run win11, and the mobo has the correct version of TPM..but no... only 8th gen intel or later is supported.
If you have secure boot and TPM enabled then it should install and activate fine on a 6th gen PC. I did it recently and all that happened was a popup asked me to confirm that I'm running a CPU that is not supported. When I tried it without secure boot, the installer wouldn't start.

Soldato
a plus for win11, bluetooth support, specificaly for x-box game pad is great...it can be troublesome on win 10, when using the same pad and try to use it between systems.

Man of Honour
Something I hate with Windows 11 is the repeated aborted attempts at transparent blurred window backgrounds and quickly obsoleting old methods, breaking the original DWM method and a absolutely awful implementation using Mica material: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/desktop/modernize/apply-mica-win32 which is a cluster **** of different approaches rather than just fix and/or background override it via the original DWM approach.

Back
Top Bottom