Wireless Mouse Lag - Interference? USB Issue? Other?

Soldato
Hi all,

I have used the Logitech MX800 keyboard & mouse set for a few years without issues. I upgraded the mouse to the MX Vertical and use it with the keyboard on the same unifying receiver in my recently-built PC (see sig). The Mobo is MSI X570 Tomahawk WiFi.

I am experiencing lag in the mouse. The lag stops when I plug in the USB cable which is connected to the PC. I am assuming it gives up trying via USB and uses the cable, but I don't know for sure. The photo at the bottom shows where everything is. Unifying receiver right under the WiFi antennae.. Possible issue?

I don't recall experiencing wireless problems when I used the old mouse with the keyboard on my previous workstation, but more than one factor has changed so I'm struggling to figure out what it is.

I am thinking it could be any of these issues:
  • Old keyboard and new mouse interfering with each other on same keyboard. Possible conflict of old and new Logitech tech? For example the mouse can be used on 3 computers at once but keyboard cannot
  • Unifying receiver and wireless antennae conflicting with each other
  • The AM4 USB issue
Advice on this is appreciated as always.
y4mxAKWWFZlqn-ZWNIKd3nSsK1hEViZtCjCsr9c_jCzxWtx5nLAkjPY0DdF9k7J48_L-m8amWDOIgJ4zVDl-v4xQUX9tS5etGNly7irI2GdoKDteLWEAiw7AX2InwMUmQ3htdl4adIcqj_P2LslkrO5JXdC0gOsK7Y4zETEQB63ZBMeb1wPqfjgWze1Dgz4tA-0

Permabanned
I always find a good thing to do with a wireless mouse is to get one of those usb base extensions and place the transceiver six inches in front of the mouse.

6b8c5b6a8c5d4d4d6d4a.jpg

Associate
Had this same issue with my Logitech G305 and Asrock Fatality B450i. Once I installed a USB3 Extension hub under the desk to hid cables it worked a charm

Soldato
OP
I think I'll get once of those USB base extensions to try first. My setup is such that the back of my PC is about a foot away from my mouse and an inch from the side of my right monitor.

I don't have my PC hardwired into the router so disabling WiFi won't do me any good unfortunately. The problem is intermittent so I don't think I can disable WiFi long enough to test it properly.

I'll try the USB extension first. Then I might buy another keyboard like MX Keys as it'll match the mouse and I can use its Unifying receiver in case the issue lies there.

After that it's time to feed ethernet cables through walls and disable PC WiFi I think.

Back
Top Bottom