Wordpress elementor nav menu

Associate
Now my website has grown I've started adding sub mens. I wasn't keen on how they look, so tried a couple of menu plugins. These plugins mess the menu up on a tablet sizes screen. The menu has a scroll bar 1 menu item in height to the right and it's hard to find and click the sub menu item.

I went back to standard worpress nav menu. I've now noticed on mobile I cannot click the menu item that also has sub pages. The sub pages work but clicking the main item just opens and closes the sub menu. This item is a page itself but you cannot click it.

Can anyone help with sorting my menus out? Is there a good plugin? I tried quadmenu and max mega menu.

Associate
OP
Thanks. I've got round it for now by adding the main heading page as the first sub page, so on desktop you can click the heading or the first sub page and on mobile the page is clickable under the heading.

I'm using OceanWP theme. I can't recall if this ever worked and my fiddling has messed it up, or maybe it never worked.

I'll try and get some pictures up later today and list the plugins.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is the menu on desktop. You can click the top item "Services" and hovering opens the dropdown menu.

Desktop.jpg

This is the menu on mobile. Clicking the "Services" just opens and closes the sub menu. You cannot click on/select services like you can on desktop, so I've added the same page "Our services" as the first sub menu item.

Mobile.jpg

Plugins.jpg

I would like a better looking menu. The plugins I tried also had the issue that the tablet sized menu was a mess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom