Would you buy an iPad Mini 6 in 2024?

Associate
Simple really. I have an iPad Pro that does all my iPad related tasks but at my desk I have an old iPad with a knackered battery that I have put a paper skin on and use with the Apple Pencil for note taking and basically productivity tasks for work. Ive found it far more useful than I expected it to be. Trouble is Im a hybrid worker and this iPad is stationary due to the battery issue as it remains plugged in.

The use case for it however has made me think that if I had a mini with a similar set up I could really make extra use of it it out and about and taking it to work when Im office based. HOWEVER it's the age old problem. Its a 2021 device and there are constant stories of iPad mini 7 being imminent, those stories have been doing the rounds for the last two years though!

Would you wait? Im normally against waiting because there is always something new round the corner and you would end up never getting anything also the 6 will easily do everything I want and need. That being said it feels wrong to spend £400 on a 2021 device that isn't essential when there really should be a replacement on the horizon?

What do you think?

Soldato
I would wait for when they announce new iPads this year. Might be surprised with an M CPU based iPad mini.

I do have the iPad mini 6th gen with apple pencil. It's showing no signs of aging and I wont be upgrading if they release a new model this year.

Good thing about Apple they do over engineer their hardware to last.

Last edited:
Caporegime
An M1/2/3 based mini with a 120hz screen would be pretty much perfect.

My daughter has the mini 6 and it's a nice device, skimping on the screen was stupid though, 60hz and jello effect, whilst minor in the grand scheme, aren't justified in a premium device.

Soldato
I’d normally suggest just to buy it now as I don’t see the point in waiting and like to get things yesterday, however in this case I would wait until the new ones are announced. WWDC is coming up in June and there maybe the perfect M series mini that I might have to snag for myself as well.

Associate
It depends what you use it for but I think my iPad mini 6 is a brilliant size, perfect for reading or watching videos, especially on a flight. Connects with the Apple Pencil for note taking too.

Soldato
Well, it looks like there will be an iPad announcement on the 7th May, so I'd at least wait for that.

No idea if the Mini will be included, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom