• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.1%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Hi-Fi Rush was a huge hit for MS, and they praised Tango to high heavens for delivering it... But that doesn't matter when they need to focus more resources on dog **** like COD. Horrible circumstances for all studios involved, but Phil and co get to keep their jobs of course.

Associate
Hi-Fi Rush was a huge hit for MS, and they praised Tango to high heavens for delivering it... But that doesn't matter when they need to focus more resources on dog **** like COD. Horrible circumstances for all studios involved, but Phil and co get to keep their jobs of course.
Yup, scummy move by Microsoft. I can sort of semi understand the closure of Arkane Austin after the disaster that was Redfall, but Hi-Fi Rush was a success, and they've just ported it across to Playstation - and this is how they are rewarded ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Microsoft acquire a Japanese studio and then close it within a couple years.. I've seen it said that it may because the founder had left and the studio may have lost it's direction, but still.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes but this in inevitable, as AI gathers pace fewer and fewer devs are going to be required. Almost any job where you sit at a computer all day is going to be at risk within the next 5 years. Look at the job losses across the industry that is already far too bloated with choice. I think in 20 years we will look back at the 360/ps3 era as the peak of enjoyment. Less saturation and so many people playing the same game. Now it's rare I see my much larger friends list with 2 people playing the same game.

Associate
Yes but this in inevitable, as AI gathers pace fewer and fewer devs are going to be required. Almost any job where you sit at a computer all day is going to be at risk within the next 5 years. Look at the job losses across the industry that is already far too bloated with choice. I think in 20 years we will look back at the 360/ps3 era as the peak of enjoyment. Less saturation and so many people playing the same game. Now it's rare I see my much larger friends list with 2 people playing the same game.
I'm lucky if I even see anyone in a game now - most of my friends list are on streaming apps, with the exception of one guy who has an obsession with Destiny 2.

Long gone are the days of launches like Halo 3. Can remember firing it up when I got home from school with pretty much everyone on my friends list on it.

Caporegime
I'm lucky if I even see anyone in a game now - most of my friends list are on streaming apps, with the exception of one guy who has an obsession with Destiny 2.

Long gone are the days of launches like Halo 3. Can remember firing it up when I got home from school with pretty much everyone on my friends list on it.

Those were the days :(

I remember the same, even when an average game would come out like tomb raider legend your whole FL would be lit up with people playing it. Now a top title comes out and I’m lucky to see 3 people playing it.

The days when you would boot up and see multiple parties playing a game and just hop in are gone. So much dilution, choice is good but apart from gears it’s made me a solitary player as I was in the sega days despite having a connection I could only dream of back in the Ghost recon days where we had to wait for a decent player connection to host!

Associate
MS/Xbox just can't stop themselves from stepping on rakes. Less than a day after announcing the closure of Arkane Austin and Tango, Matt Booty says that they want more games exactly like the one Tango delivered. :rolleyes:

Ninja Theory must be bricking it two weeks ahead of the launch of Hellblade 2.

Soldato

is that not just a case of getting older though? I'm in the same boat but I just put it down to life getting in the way, I'd imagine it to be as it was in our golden years for the current younger generation.

Associate
is that not just a case of getting older though? I'm in the same boat but I just put it down to life getting in the way, I'd imagine it to be as it was in our golden years for the current younger generation.
The number of online players in my FL has dropped drastically from those days so there is an element of life getting in the way. Could also be that game releases now are a rarity now compared to back then - I remember checking launch calendars and there were always a couple of 'big' games coming out almost every month. Compare that to now and there's basically bugger all.

I'm glad my golden years aren't now - I can't see anything ever topping the 360/PS3 era for me. I hate getting older...

Soldato
Ive been a huge Xbox fan for years, i made the change to PS5 yesterday for the first time and im impressed, the whole UI interface is nice and smooth with no lags at all, also there are tons of games ive never been ever able to play. Xbox has become a bit stale for me even before all the drama

Soldato
I've been playing Final Fantasy 14 recently and I'm really enjoying it. I ended up buying the complete pack and don't regret it at all. I originally installed it on my Mac but because I was running out of space I moved to playing it on the Xbox Series X and while I was worried that using a controller would be a step backwards it actually isn't that bad once you get used to it.

Soldato
I've been playing Final Fantasy 14 recently and I'm really enjoying it. I ended up buying the complete pack and don't regret it at all. I originally installed it on my Mac but because I was running out of space I moved to playing it on the Xbox Series X and while I was worried that using a controller would be a step backwards it actually isn't that bad once you get used to it.
Ive been considering it, ive been playing ESO for years how do they compare do you know?

Soldato
Ive been considering it, ive been playing ESO for years how do they compare do you know?
I never really got into ESO. I tried multiple times but just couldn't enjoy it. Having said that ESO has voice acting for all quests which is great because I struggle to read the quest text in FF14. Having said that there is a large array of settings so there might be a way of zooming in on quest text to make it easier to read. I'm doing all the side quests as I play so I'm levelling quite slowly but if you just stick to main quest line you can probably skip most of the boring quests.

Oh and if you set the resolution to 1080p it'll happily run at 60fps and the graphics still look pretty good.

I'd say try out the free trial to see if you like it. It gives you the base game and 1 or 2 expansions and lets you level to 70.

Back
Top Bottom