YouTube Premium

Associate
Has anyone successfully renewed in recent weeks? Everything I've tried has been stuffed.

I was on an annual membership from Turkey, but everywhere I've tried now is requiring a payment method from that country. Turkey, Ukraine, India, Vietnam seemed like it was working, but Google needed to verify the card first, so I try to verify, and they say they'll you a tiny transaction with a 6 digit number, but mine was 3 digits...

£3 annually to £12 monthly sounds horrid :( And I can't even pay legitimately on this account because they don't allow more than one change of the payment country profile on the account. All my subscriptions :(

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Has anyone successfully renewed in recent weeks? Everything I've tried has been stuffed.

I was on an annual membership from Turkey, but everywhere I've tried now is requiring a payment method from that country. Turkey, Ukraine, India, Vietnam seemed like it was working, but Google needed to verify the card first, so I try to verify, and they say they'll you a tiny transaction with a 6 digit number, but mine was 3 digits...

£3 annually to £12 monthly sounds horrid :( And I can't even pay legitimately on this account because they don't allow more than one change of the payment country profile on the account. All my subscriptions :(

Well, you might feel cleaner (sub free).

Soldato
Mines been monthly for ages, no problems.

Does the sign up method still work the same?
I did netflix a while back but cancelled it, tried again recently and it doesn't work..

Associate
I ended my single account to do the family one (via egypt) but it won't let me do it now, says:

Transaction declined. This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country.

Via Revolut virtual card (was working fine until it let it lapse to try and upgrade to family account).

Anyone else having this problem?

Edit read the above replies, looks like been rumbled :mad:

Double edit: Notice it also says on the help page: If you're actively using a VPN or proxy service, please refer to the service's Help Centre or website for info on how to turn it off. Once complete, sign up for your membership at youtube.com/premium or youtube.com/musicpremium.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I've been on starling form the start and I don't even think I needed to give my new card details.
Have you been charged to your Starling at all? After signing up with Ukraine a year ago using my Starling card I just forgot about the £2/m and didn't even think about it.

Just checked my Starling and there are 0 charges for YT Premium for the last year, even though it shows in the app the correct card. So basically free Premium, wonder how long this will last, thank you YouTube lol.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I ended my single account to do the family one (via egypt) but it won't let me do it now, says:

Transaction declined. This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country.

Via Revolut virtual card (was working fine until it let it lapse to try and upgrade to family account).

Anyone else having this problem?

Edit read the above replies, looks like been rumbled :mad:

Double edit: Notice it also says on the help page: If you're actively using a VPN or proxy service, please refer to the service's Help Centre or website for info on how to turn it off. Once complete, sign up for your membership at youtube.com/premium or youtube.com/musicpremium.
Never tried Egypt but try Ukraine, that's the most common country. Also try a different VPN, a lot of the trash VPNs such as Nord etc won't work.

Soldato
Have you been charged to your Starling at all? After signing up with Ukraine a year ago using my Starling card I just forgot about the £2/m and didn't even think about it.

Just checked my Starling and there are 0 charges for YT Premium for the last year, even though it shows in the app the correct card. So basically free Premium, wonder how long this will last, thank you YouTube lol.
Lol amazing. are you sure you didn't do an annual sub.

Yes I'm getting charged monthly.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Lol amazing. are you sure you didn't do an annual sub.

Yes I'm getting charged monthly.
Ah silly me, you are right lol.

Paid £12 for the year via Turkey a year ago but a month later as they closed Turkey, I just did Ukraine £2 monthly to start after the 12 months finishes which is this month. It wouldn't accept my previous card but Starling worked, explains the confusion as I knew I signed up to something a year ago using it but couldn't see any charges :p

Soldato
I tried quite a few countries including Ukraine before I found one that worked.
I used a Revolut card, windscribe VPN and Vietnam. It came to ₫79,000 which is £2.45 per month.

Caporegime
I've seen people say this but never elaborate on it.... What actually makes them trash? :confused:
They use some kind of virtual servers that resolve your country as still being "home" for a lot of things including payment. At least thats what i think it is.

A pro could explain that better. Or even make sense of it :p

Man of Honour
They use some kind of virtual servers that resolve your country as still being "home" for a lot of things including payment. At least thats what i think it is.

A pro could explain that better. Or even make sense of it :p
Yeah pretty much this, very few of their endpoints are actually in the countries they're listed as.

Soldato
Yeah pretty much this, very few of their endpoints are actually in the countries they're listed as.

What issues does this create when using it though?

Does it also spoof your IP location? AFAIK, if you "whatismyip" (or similar) it will show your location as the country you are connected to rather than your actual country you are in.

Back
Top Bottom