Can your boiler blow up??

Soldato
OP
I've already spoken to my landlady about it and she has been round to look at it and agreed to call someone out on Monday. She won't do anything about it till Monday.

Soldato
I've already spoken to my landlady about it and she has been round to look at it and agreed to call someone out on Monday. She won't do anything about it till Monday.
Then simply wait until Monday and sue her if it blows up.

It might also be a good idea to use less hot water until then?

Soldato
Just turn it all off, its not cold outside just pull the fuse on everything and get under the duvet until tomorrow and go and see her again, i know i wouldnt even entertain having it on at all if i thought it might go boom with a bambino in the hut.

Soldato
nukels1.jpg

Soldato
OP
We aren't using it we are boiling the kettle. Luckily we have a powershower to fill out sons bath till monday and I can take his clothes to my parents to wash :)

Still sucks tho :p

Soldato
We aren't using it we are boiling the kettle. Luckily we have a powershower to fill out sons bath till monday and I can take his clothes to my parents to wash :)

Still sucks tho :p
So you do have hot water and your baby will survive until Monday! :eek:

Emergency over, I'll await your cheque in the post for my heroic efforts.

Soldato
Get a dish of water, open a vent on a radiator and drop let it run water out until the pressure drops down to 1.5milibar for starters.

Secondly the bit with the blue valve is the cold feed to the boiler, chances are this valve might be choked with lime or something, so when its open, its not completely letting water pass. When the hole becomes smaller, the water pressure increases, much like putting your thumb on the end of a hose...

this makes the pipe vibrate. If they arent clipped well , they will shake like hell and make a very loud noise.

Boilers very rarely "blow up" infact, they almost never do. On a boiler ignition there is a flame sensor, the gas valve opens to let a small amount of gas through to the pilot, the pilot then lights against a thermocouple/flame sensor. When the gas valve knows there is a flame, it will then open the main gas to the burner.

in some circumstances you will get explosive ignition, where the gas/air mix might be dodgy, and the gas takes longer than it should to light.

Suspended
We had no hot water or heating for 3 months. Now its fixed its too hot when we turn it on!

Yes they can, when ours was being fixed it shot flames out the side. At which point we left our landlords handyman to it and went out!

Soldato
OP
Get a dish of water, open a vent on a radiator and drop let it run water out until the pressure drops down to 1.5milibar for starters.

Secondly the bit with the blue valve is the cold feed to the boiler, chances are this valve might be choked with lime or something, so when its open, its not completely letting water pass. When the hole becomes smaller, the water pressure increases, much like putting your thumb on the end of a hose...

this makes the pipe vibrate. If they arent clipped well , they will shake like hell and make a very loud noise.

Boilers very rarely "blow up" infact, they almost never do. On a boiler ignition there is a flame sensor, the gas valve opens to let a small amount of gas through to the pilot, the pilot then lights against a thermocouple/flame sensor. When the gas valve knows there is a flame, it will then open the main gas to the burner.

in some circumstances you will get explosive ignition, where the gas/air mix might be dodgy, and the gas takes longer than it should to light.

Thanks Hedge :)

Does it matter which rad?

Cheers,

G

Soldato
It's likely there are a couple of plumbers on here that would give some good advice, or a few people who are competent with things like this. This is totally different to spec me a desert.

Theres a plumber on here, DanMc07

pm him hell tell u whats the issue, if he dosnt know his dads fully qual so he deff will.. hope this helps. email me if you cant find him n ill ring him...

Back
Top Bottom