IP35-Pro - 4x1gig sticks :(

Soldato
Hi All,

My IP35-pro and Quad turned up this week. I was running 2x1gig OCZ platinum and 2x1gig OCZ gold in the old system, which worked.
When setting up the new system, i noticed that only 3 gig was showing up (In BIOS, not in windows). I put it down to the ram being mismatched and bought another pair of Platinum OCZ 1gig sticks (dual kit) so that I had 4 of the same. Unfortunately, it is still the same :(
I have tried the latest official BIOS and the latest Beta. Upped the MCH, manually set the timings and still nothing.
Anyone have any ideas? If i cant get this working, some recomendations on what 4gig setup would work would be greatly received.

Thanks!

Edit: Just to mention, all memory sticks work fine as pairs, in any slot. They also work fine as single, in any slot. It appears this is some sort of issue between the Mobo and 4x1gig configuration.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the confirmation, it was actually your posts that pointed me in their direction in the first place :)
Guess ill bite the bullet. Will either sell the OCZ or stick them in my fileserver and it can be my VMware lab mule too.

Cheers!

Soldato
I've stuck to version 11 (shipped one). It's been solid with my overclocks. Unless I have to change it, I'll stick with this one. I have no floppy drive, and although I always flashed my old Asus board from Windows, I don't want to risk knacking this one up. I have a pen drive if needs be.

Soldato
OP
odd one, did you try the different slots with 1 stick in at a time?

any possibility of a duff slot?

Edit re-read and noticed yes you had

bit of an odd one then

Yeah, pretty odd. Several years back this sort of issue was quite commonplace, havent seen anything like it for a long time. Motherboards used to be fussy buggers!

No matter, the quad goes into windows at 3ghz @ stock voltage. Havent had time to fully hammer it yet though ;)

Associate
Also running 4 1gb sticks of Geil at DDR 912 voltage 2.05V on the Abit ip-35pro Cpu is set at 1.24V (3.4GHz) but is measuring at 1.20

The board itself though seems screwy on voltages

Soldato
OP
Did 5 hours of Prime95 on 4 cores today at 3ghz, stock volts. Think ill just leave it at that. Nice combination of power and temp :)

Soldato
OP
The 4x1gig of Geil arrived today. Same god damned problem :(

God only knows what the issue is. Each memory slot works fine on its own, or in pairs, but it just will not function with all 4 at once, even though several others use this exact combo :(

Time to downgrade the BIOS i think.

sid

sid

Soldato
Have you put 2.1V through it first?

Theres known bugs with this board and 4 sticks

my ocz 2gb xtc stuff wouldn't post at all with 1.8v

sid

Soldato
OP
Yup 2.1.

I fixed the 4 gig thing by downgrading to bios 11. Now the BIOS and Windows see all memory.
What I have done in the process is find a new bug.
I go to put my original overclock to 3ghz in and all looks fine. When the device posts it shows 9.2ghz and DDR at 2500mhz lol.
Anyway, it goes into windows fine, but has discarded my overclock and is sat at 2.4 again :mad:

God.
Gotta go out now. Any ideas would be appreciated. Ill be googling it also when i get back.

Ta.

Back
Top Bottom