Maxjet about to go down the tubes?

Man of Honour
http://www.cnbc.com/id/22148806/for/cnbc

NEW YORK - MAXjet Airways Inc., one of a handful of carriers offering all-business-class service to London, asked that trading of its stock be halted Friday "pending clarification of its financial position."

The Dulles, Va.-based carrier did not provide any additional information about the move, saying that its board will update investors "in due course."

U.S.-London routes are among the airline industry's most lucrative, and competition for business travelers with generous expense accounts is fierce. MAXjet competes with all-business airlines Eos Airlines and Silverjet, as well as high-end front-of-plane services from mainline carriers such as United Airlines, American Airlines and British Airways..........

What do you think? Is it only a matter of time before they fold?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Not sure where I would stand though as booked them through an agent as part of a package they put together for us.

Man of Honour
OP
More info here - http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247261&page=4

Post #80 onwards.

Also:
http://www.flysilverjet.com/press-release-2007-12-07.aspx
December, 2007
Silverjet flies to the rescue of Maxjet customers
Silverjet, the British airline that offers a private jet experience at a fraction of the price, has today announced that it is to make a limited number of seats available to Maxjet customers travelling today (Friday 7) and tomorrow (Saturday 8). The news will come as a welcome relief to the many passengers worried about possible flight cancellations following Maxjet’s announcement this morning that it has suspended the trading of its shares pending clarification of its financial position.

It'll be sad to see them go and it seems inevitable that they will. Having spoken to a good mate who is a controller at Stansted he has been hearing rumours for a while now that they're on their way out. Shame :(

Soldato
Since floating it has all gone downhill!

maxjet.jpg

Associate
I'll be happy with my £100 club world seats. I can't really see these all C class airlines doing so well, they land in Stanstead etc and have no route network. I suspect BA will do quite well in the face of Lufthansa etc with their European flights however.

Man of Honour
OP
I'll be happy with my £100 club world seats. I can't really see these all C class airlines doing so well, they land in Stanstead etc and have no route network. I suspect BA will do quite well in the face of Lufthansa etc with their European flights however.

Clubworld seats for £100? I get ID90 and F2 fares with BA and I can't even get them for that.

Soldato
slightly off topic but what is the cheapest manchester-----new york or orlando carrier?

I just had a week in orlando on business and now the missus is midering me to take her over to america despite me bringing her home half a tonne of cosmetics and clothes!

Associate
Tax and surcharges on a transatlantic clubworld ticket, especially out of LHR is going to be more than £100.

I don't think an ID100 fare exists, after ID90 I think the next best is a F2 fare which is only tax and surcharges.

Sure it does, it's a firm ticket, which pilots and management get. Never heard of F2 though, sounds a bit like ID100. A flight from Abu Dhabi cost us £7.50 on ID100 due to the low taxes! Certainly don't pay fuel surcharges on any staff ticket.

With regards to new york, if you book in the sale you can get NYC return with BA for around £250, not sure if there are many other airlines that fly to NYC from there.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The US airline industry has been a basket case for years (even before 9/11 - though that did give the US govt an excuse to pump billions into the industry - something that would be illegal state aid here). While I feel sorry for those who had tickets if MAXjet has gone down the pan, it's not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
they would have to provide alternative or refund you

really frustrating though, part of the reason we went with them was the fact they fly from Stansted, although I'm guessing loads of other places fly to lv and back from la to stansted, hopefully.

Don
really frustrating though, part of the reason we went with them was the fact they fly from Stansted, although I'm guessing loads of other places fly to lv and back from la to stansted, hopefully.

If you want direct to Vegas you will have to go from Gatwick

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Aw well just mailed the agent to see what the deal is, only booked it all last weekend, it's our whole wedding trip and this could kind of screw it up lol (booked the Bellagio for the wedding though :) )

Don
Aw well just mailed the agent to see what the deal is, only booked it all last weekend, it's our whole wedding trip and this could kind of screw it up lol (booked the Bellagio for the wedding though :) )

there will be other flights but no chance of business class at same cost

Back
Top Bottom