ISA Slot on new board?

Associate
Hi,
This is a long shot, got a question from a friend who wants to keep some legacy support. Are there any modern motherboards using AM2 or Skt775 that still feature an ISA slot. I doubt it but if anyone knows of one I would be much obliged with your help.

Ta.

Associate
Not ultra modern, or the right socket, or even cheap - but not out of the ark, from a trusted manufacturer. And still available.

SOYO SY-P4I 845GV ISA Motherboard Socket 478

One of the few ISA boards on the market. It couples Intel's i845GV chipset with many other features.

- Supports 533/400MHz FSB Intel Pentium 4 CPUs including those based on Prescott core
- Intel 845gv chipset
- Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics
- 4 x PCI 32bit 33MHz slots
- 3 x ISA slots
- 2 x UDMA100 port
- 1 x Floppy port
- 2 184pin DIMM slots for up to 2GB PC2700 DDR
- 1 x 100Mbps LAN connection
- Onboard 4 channel audio
- 2 x Onboard USB 2.0 ports, a further 4 by header

Soldato
They were nearly all to do with networking wernt they, modems and such.

I have ISA modem and soundcard in the attic.
The dial up modem was good in fact as it used very little resources back in the windows 95 days when PCI took much needed CPU power.

You might do well to look here esp bottom of page to MS links.
Removing Support for Industry Standard Architecture (ISA) Bus

Soldato
They were nearly all to do with networking wernt they, modems and such.
Oh dear, the callowness of youth. ;)
Back when PCs were somewhat less advanced than now, everything was on ISA bus cards- disk controllers, serial & parallel ports, sound cards, dedicated mouse cards, even the original video cards, everything. The only external connector on the original mobos was for the keyboard.

Soldato
Oh dear, the callowness of youth. ;)
Back when PCs were somewhat less advanced than now, everything was on ISA bus cards- disk controllers, serial & parallel ports, sound cards, dedicated mouse cards, even the original video cards, everything. The only external connector on the original mobos was for the keyboard.

My first pc just about had PCI on it, so i did kind of miss out on ISA.

Nice Venom Sidewinder by the way, i have a few rifles myself.

Associate
there are still a lot of usefull, if old old industrial cards that use the ISA bus, plotters, cnc mills - basically anythign you can think of with pc control probably has (had) an ISA based application at some time.

scientific data entry/recording devices also - tho a lot of these also tend to have com port interface (which are notorious for not working with usb-com adapters)

Back
Top Bottom