Passport Photo Banned

Soldato
The photo was fine.
Post Office Spokesman said:
Our offices have a Passport Office template which says what the photograph should and shouldn't be.

'Bare shoulders don't come into that at all. We can't see any instruction to that effect so all we can do is apologise to Mrs Edwards. It was clearly a mistake made by the clerk.

'It is the first time we have heard of such a rejection and we will take it up with that particular office.

'We do around three million passport applications a year and have a much lower rejection rate than the forms submitted directly to the Passport Office.

Soldato
haha i didnt even notice that! my mum's partner just said he'd read it today so i searched!

Yeah, good thing you posted it though because EVERY muslim agrees with this and it is YOUR DUTY to make sure that EVERY NONE MUSLIM knows!!!!!

Sense the scent of sarcasm?

Soldato
hmm

it's probably made up, it's the daily mail.

and even if it isn't, who cares?

Anyone who posts in this thread you sensible guy. Oh, and people who read the Daily Mail. And people who dislike having to change their standards to adhere to Islamic values including Jews, Zoroastrians, Christians, anti-Islamists...

Soldato
I know, shocking stuff is it not CBS ;)

It's not just scandalous, its scandalous the amount of Islamophobia. Islam is guaruntees to raise the level of technology in all countries it is adopted by*, or your Allah back...

Also, statistics for paedophilia, rape and wifebeating are all much lower in Islamic countries...

*Small differences found between technology levels in Islamic civilisation at its peak against base comparison of stone age man

Soldato
Oh wait it's just Daily Mail mega-exaggeration and sensationalisation as usual.

It didn't happen then? This is the stereotypical call every time a link to the Daily Mail is offered, probably from the kind of people who read the Guardian and think they've been given a clarity to the issue no-one else has, so that they can make smug injokes on forums.
Everything you read is bull, remember that.

Soldato
Associate
As covered, it's old, and the passport office apologised.

However, the reason was also given that "it might prove unacceptable in a Muslim country". Not that Muslims are trying to take us over, claim Britain as their own state, and we're bending over backwards for them, but the perfectly sensible suggestion that it might be unacceptable in a Muslim country. Which, to be fair, it might well be, as you wouldn't walk around in one with bare shoulders. Over there, of course, their rules would apply, and thus giving a heads up about it here first would surely be preferable.

Of course, whether the girl is likely to be heading to any Muslim country is another matter. Still, much fuss, little substance.

Back
Top Bottom