Perth!

Associate
Off travelling round australia in March for a year and beginning my travels westside in sunny Perth. Has anyone been and have any tips for the 'Must sees"? Im more interested in cool stuff to take pictures of, natural wonders and the like then museums and theatres etc :)

Permabanned
west coast has the best beaches!!! sandgropers :) cottesloe beach :).......off there (travelling Oz) next year with a friend for 5-6 months....CANT WAIT :p

Zip

Zip

Soldato
There are a whole heap of beaches all up Australia.

You also get some sort of what people think is an Ancient Life form at one of the beachs.

go a bit into the desert and natonial park and you can also see twave around there somewhere in WA.

waverock.jpg

Are you flying around the country or Driving? Going frome Perth to Up north or From Perth to South Australia then to the Eastern Coast?

Edit: Dont forget to say Hi To the SAS while over in Perth :D

Zip

Zip

Soldato
when are you going? What the hell is that thing in the picture? awesomeeeeeeee :D

Its in Hyden
Hyden is situated 340km east of Perth, Western Australia, via the Brookton Highway or 350km via York, all sealed surfaces.

More than 140,000 tourists visit Hyden every year and the colours of the surrounding areas and rocks are a photographers delight.

In Spring, dozens of varieties of wildflowers produce carpets of colour and more than 40 different species of birds from the smallest wren to the large wedgetail eagle can be seen.

The Hyden community is well known for its initiative in establishing the Medical Centre, Recreation Centre, Swimming Pool and other similar projects. An airstrip, capable of taking large aircraft has been built and will boost tourism even further. A town not to be missed!!
location_map.gif

Ancient forms of life - you mean the stromatelites?

Yep those are the little dudes:)

You will also have lots of Aboriginal Paintings and lots of Caves and Blow holes aswell in WA(Make sure you go across the Nullarbor to see a lot of this stuff)

Also book a few tours with Aboriginal guides, They have some Sacred places where they blind fold you to take you there because they are so secrete(Places with Aboriginal Carvings and Huge Gorges)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
sure am, next stop after perth!

If you're here in March go see the Clipsal 500:cool:

Also make sure you do the 3 Major Wine Regions. Langorne Creek, McLaren Vale and Barrossa Vally.

Also Travel ALL Around the Adelaide Hills and the Fleurieu Penintula, They are Stunning:cool:

Visit Towns like Stirling, Aldgate, Birdwood, Bridgewater, Hahndorf, Strathalbyn, Port Elliot, Victor Haubor, Goolwa and Mt Lofty

Also in Adelaide Get your self to the Haiges Chocolate Factory, The make what is the Best Chocolate ever :cool:

While in Victor Habour go to Granite Island, It is an Island Made of Solid Granite Rocks with lots of Penguins and Seals on it.

Make sure you go to the Adelaide Botanical Gardens to see some Spectacular sites aswell:)

If you can, Book a trip to Kangaroo Island, Then Go have a look at the Little Sehara Desert(A sandy Desert on an Island full of Bushland) And go look at the Remarkable Rocks and that national park there.

Remarkable Rocks
0203414-RemarkableRocks.jpg

ki21.jpg

You would Really love Kangaroo Island and is exactly what you want to see :)

While In Goolwa get a War bird Adventure Flight, Its the best way to see the entire Region While Chucking your guts up in a WW2 Aeroplane:D

Also Check out the Monarto Zoo Located Between Mount Barker and Murray Bridge, You will get to drive around what is Really a Zoo with animals from all over the world living how the Should in the wild.

Need anymore help in this Area of Australia and I can help:)

Perth is a great place to start off and the Western side around Perth has a lot of offer tourists, such as the Perth Mint, Prison, Maritime Museum.

Me and Schofield are heading out there in September 2008 for 5 months, starting in Perth and heading north towards Darwin, then onto the east coast via Ayres Rock then working our way round to Perth for mid Febuary.

After that I'm heading onto Johannesburg for a couple of weeks.

Roll on September 2008 :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
lots of awesome info man, there really is so much to see! Ill probably be there in April I think. Would you recommend doing that stuff you mentioned by car or through a tour?

A bit of both:)

Go hire your self a nice expensive car to cruise through the hills winding roads, It is truely Cruising/Fun driving roads and towns up around there where you should go through each town on your own, Its not hard to get around and its very beautiful:cool:

On Granite Island you should take the tour, And Some certain places on Kangaroo Island take a tour.

But make sure you do some of your own work and Discovery on both those places because it is so much more satisfying.

When doing the Wine regions is also a time you want a tour, Because there are so many bloody winerys:p You will be over the limit in no time (There is 9 in one town alone!:D)

Also In Goolwa, Go visit the Murray mouth and Coorong, Its a world heritage listed national Park. They do tours so i would Sugest Doing a Boat tour so you can get to places you wouldnt get to otherwise then go for your own Exploration/Camping trip :)

So i would say take a mix of both:)

Make sure you take a Trip to Waterfall gully in the Hills/Just outside of Adelaide aswell:)

If you get the Right towns on the Right days you get all sorts of cool little markets and things like that.

When here make sure you go to a couple Tourism Information places and pick up some guides and Leaflets about the Regions, You will find so much more doing it like that aswell.

Get to the Mt Lofty National park aswell, It has the biggest Tree ferns ive ever seen with an awesome Japanese Garden at the bottom.

I have spent Whole days just driving Through the Adelaide hills. It is just so nice and there have been times where i havnt even got out of my car because i was enjoying the drive so much:cool:

Associate
OP
hm looks like I might be spending longer in Adelaide then I thought! From what people have told me I got the vibe it was a bit sleepy...but seems like the bits around it are awesome :D Grabbing a sports car and doing some cruising is something I hadnt thought of but could be immensly cool! Im meeting a friend there so i'll see if they are keen :D I'm not really a wine drinker so im not that interested in that side of things, but i'll take a gander!

I take it you're in Adelaide then?

Back
Top Bottom