Boris Johnson is Mayor of London

Man of Honour
He ran The Spectator for 6 years which isn't small, I'm not saying it's the same as london but he was there managing many people everyday and firing people etc. Successfully running and keeping down costs in a private business is experience that the other two main candidates lacked.

We'll see now either way! It's bound to be entertaining and different.

The spectator? it's like 50 people, I've run larger teams than that, am I qualified to be mayor of london - probably not on balance...

The other two lacked experience? Ken's run the city for 8 years and Paddick was a senior police officer - I think either is better experience than running a small business.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Particularly the western extension of the congestion charge which steals £40 per week out of my pocket all under the premise that it would ease congestion which it hasn't, and the ridiculous low emission zone charging.

It pays for improvements to the tube and you don't have to drive into the congestion charging zone, you choose to. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's unfair.

Permabanned
:D RULE BRITANIA! BRITANIA RULES THE WAVES

Great stuff.

Hopefully the air head will run London straight into the ground, pulling the rest of England down with it.

I know Ken wasn't popular, but what were people thinking voting for Boris?

The man has had to appologise more than any politician I can think of. This will be nothing but class from now on in.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
The spectator? it's like 50 people, I've run larger teams than that, am I qualified to be mayor of london - probably not on balance...

The other two lacked experience? Ken's run the city for 8 years and Paddick was a senior police officer - I think either is better experience than running a small business.

No, you haven't read my post properly. I did not say the others lacked experience generally, I said they did not have experience of running a private company which is true. I also didn't suggest that this experience qualified Boris to be mayor, I was countering the incorrect suggestion that he had never run anything in his life.

Caporegime
Thats not even close to the point...

LOL of course it is. The congestion charge is an unfair policy that many other makor cities wouldn't dare to introduce simply because it doesn't really work. Were you aware that it costs over £5.50 of every £8 to collect? Very efficient.

Right...why do you have to drive into central london then?

This may surprise you to know but... people work in London.:eek::D

Man of Honour
I liked his BBC interview a few hours back! :D

The guy's going to go down in history if he manages to enact his policies. Especially the one that's looking into the new airport in the Thames Estuary.

Except he has zero authority to do anything about this, he doesn't exert any control over heathrow or any other airport (except maybe london city I suppose)

Back
Top Bottom