Excuses excuses

Associate
This is 3-4 years old now.

My parents had a whirlygig, that snapped.

There was a large lump of cement left in the garden that they needed shifted, but my mother insisted it was too heavy to move and was hoping to pay to get someone to move it.

I wasn't having any of this, so when they were on holiday, I visited their house, dug it out, stuck it in a wheelbarrow and stuck it in their rockery tactfully.

Unfortunately, I had to explain how this had happened, as I'd been told not to do this.

Enter my mighty accomplice; Bacon the cat!

What I told my parents:

Bacon found some tins of cat food, that he figured would be important to keep as emergency supplies
whirlygig4.jpg

Unfortunately, he had no where really safe to store the supplies, so having the instincts of a squirrel, decided that they needed to be buried, he used the garden tools available, and began to dig.
whirlygig1.jpg

With one paw, he dug, and dug, and dug, he was unstoppable.
whirlygig2.jpg

Eventually the garden fork wasn't doing the job, so he had to dig the last bits out manually:
whirlygig3.jpg

Once the hole was complete, he gathered together the tins, and safely deposited them in the hole:
whirlygig5.jpg

The reorganisation and covering up began:
whirlygig6.jpg

I was happily wandering through the garden when to my horror I caught Bacon in the act:
whirlygig7.jpg

Bacon proudly sad back and explained what he was doing and why, displaying his efforts for all to see:
whirlygig8.jpg

I understood, bacon tidied the rest up, and crawled in to my parents house, shattered from all the hard labour:
whirlygig9.jpg

Once I explained exactly what had happened to my mum, she was absolutely fine with the whole thing.

Associate
OP
I've not laughed at a topic for a while now, I applaud you sir.
tips hat :D

haha I love the look of 'shock' at Bacon's shenanigans. A worthy effort good sir...

...And Bacon (also an awesome name for a cat!)

Yeah, it was a feral cat to start with from the isle of Harris, got taken in and house trained, he wouldn't eat anything when he was first taken in, and was expected not to make it.

One day the kitchen door was opened to find him chomping away at raw bacon, hence the name :)

Back
Top Bottom