Transformers On Blu Ray........Eventually!

Soldato
Too right. Both important in a HT.

I agree, on my list of important things on Bluray player, these rank at 105th and 106th respectively, just above "ability to make toast" and just below "must make a noise like a cow every time i put a disc in".

Permabanned
I agree, on my list of important things on Bluray player, these rank at 105th and 106th respectively, just above "ability to make toast" and just below "must make a noise like a cow every time i put a disc in".

How would I get HD audio from the Blu-Ray player to my av pre-amp then? And how to power up or power from my universal remote control?:rolleyes: Also PS3 is not multi-region (Blu-Ray)

Sony offer a remote control, but it's Blu Tooth :rolleyes:Got to love sony for doing it own way.

Probably just buy a Blu-Ray video player, hopefully Oppo will release a multi-region unit.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

How would I get HD audio from the Blu-Ray player to my av pre-amp then? And how to power up or power from my universal remote control?:rolleyes: Also PS3 is not multi-region (Blu-Ray)

Sony offer a remote control, but it's Blu Tooth :rolleyes:Got to love sony for doing it own way.

Probably just buy a Blu-Ray video player, hopefully Oppo will release a multi-region unit.
PS2 IR receiver with USB + cheap IR remote.

"Learn" the commands from the cheap IR remote, and then throw it away.

..and the PS3 does Linear PCM output via the HDMI, so you can still have HD audio.

Permabanned
Not paying attention I see. Cannot power up or down with IR no 7.1 analogue output. HDMI is no good requires a new av pre-amp around £3000. See you ignored about multi region capabality.

Last edited:
Soldato

As said before, all the films that are currently worth owning on Bluray are either region free, or easily available on the region you bought the machine from.

The other issues you mention, they are of no concern to anybody really, your point suggests a PS3 is a worthless BD player, in fact, its one of the best currently available, the type of specs you want from a player for your elite home theater needs will mean 90% of the currently available players are, from your point of view, worthless.

Soldato
And if they're not? That's why people bought multi-region DVD players. 98% of my collection aren't region 2.

EITHER they are region free or are easily available on the region you bought the machine in.

I dont think there are more than a handful of distinctly average films that you could not watch on a PS3 one way or the other.

I have a Hong Kong PS3, and I've got about 20 Blurays from around the world and not thought twice about whether it will play them or not when i buy them

As for region free DVD players, I was buying and watching R1 films on DVD before most people had heard of DVD players let alone region coding,so i pay a little attention to what I'm doing.

Associate
anyone playin this on Ps3?

just stuck mine in and it's been on the 'loading' screen for about 10 mins =(

edit: okay never mind, finally loaded, that took agggggggggessssssss!

Soldato
it's gutting really. instead of using my all in one remote to turn my ps3 on, i actually have to reach..yes, REACH, for my ps3 pad and to hit the button on that to turn it on. its disgusting really.

not only that, not ONLY that, but after ive turned it on i still have to bloody get up to put a disc in the console. whats wrong with these people, dont they think of these things????

come on, whos with me??

Permabanned
it's gutting really. instead of using my all in one remote to turn my ps3 on, i actually have to reach..yes, REACH, for my ps3 pad and to hit the button on that to turn it on. its disgusting really.

not only that, not ONLY that, but after ive turned it on i still have to bloody get up to put a disc in the console. whats wrong with these people, dont they think of these things????

come on, whos with me??

All other DVD-Video players have IR standby annd power on. It makes the system far easier to use, rather than switching things on and off it's done automatically. Someone with no knowedge of my HT system can use it without a problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom