Need Some 2.1 Speakers - Help

Associate
I have the Logitech X-230's at the moment, got them for £25 about 1 and a half years ago. They where great for the price.

I have ordered a new PC and I want some new 2.1 speakers.

The Logitech Z-4 look nice and I can get them around £40.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/250&cl=gb,en

The Logitech Z-2300 I can get for £80 double the price of the Z-4's from reviews I have read they are ment to be really good.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/231&cl=gb,en

I will be using it for normal use like Internet, music, and gaming.

I dont want to spend too much around £80 max. What would you recommend for me?

Associate
I Have these, Logitech Z3 2.1:

Logitech-Z-3-2.1-40W-RMS.jpg

These I believe have now been replaced with the Z4's and if the Z4's are anything like the 3's then I would say Get Them. The sound quality from such a small set of speakers is bloody awesome. Could'nt recommend them enough to be honest.

Associate
OP
I Have these, Logitech Z3 2.1:

Logitech-Z-3-2.1-40W-RMS.jpg

These I believe have now been replaced with the Z4's and if the Z4's are anything like the 3's then I would say Get Them. The sound quality from such a small set of speakers is bloody awesome. Could'nt recommend them enough to be honest.

I remember seeing thoes in PCWorld before the Z3's, will prob get the Z4's.

Soldato
The Aego M's are seriously worth it. I know they're more expensive, but I don't ever plan to buy another set of computer speakers after these. I find some of the cheaper sets are real throwaway items. My old Creative 4.1's for example.

Still can't beat a proper hi-fi setup, but with my space constraints at the moment I just can't complain with the quality.

Associate
The Aego M's are seriously worth it. I know they're more expensive, but I don't ever plan to buy another set of computer speakers after these. I find some of the cheaper sets are real throwaway items. My old Creative 4.1's for example.

Still can't beat a proper hi-fi setup, but with my space constraints at the moment I just can't complain with the quality.

What he said.

In fact after trying Aego M, you really won't believe if there is better for the PC.

IMPORTANT note however, to fully appreciate this speakers you also will benefit from a good sound source. My last rig had Soundstorm as an onboard solution and this was really fantastic. I now have some Realtek onboard and the speakers sound as if they are dying. I now have woken to the fact that I'll need a good sound card.

I would go far as suggesting that for 2.1, getting an Aego M and a good soundcard should be a recommendation on a sticky.

Associate
The Aego M's

Hi iv got Aego M's i know they cost a bit more but the quality are worth it i was going to buy Bose but are far to exspensive for what they are, I was recomended the Aego M's on here im glad i went with the avice they are a solid sound
all the best
john

Associate
I've got the Logitech Z2300's - amazing speakers with a really powerful sub that you may actually need to turn down. You won't regret it however, as the sound is superb even when volume is quiet.

Associate
I have had my Z2300's for years and they are still going strong. The sound quality is superb and bar the Aego M's I don't think you can get a better set of PC speakers :)

You really cant whack a proper hi-fi setup though!

Back
Top Bottom