Farscape

Associate
Its great, lots of depth to the universe, nice mix of comedy/horror/interaction etc. Characters are fairly well rounded, FX are pretty good.

Only problem is that the DVDs are still WAY too expensive :(

Permabanned
One of my favourite shows. The seasons could be had for £17.99 a piece a while ago but not anymore it seems. :(

Associate
Great show, very much unlike anything else around. Has its downpoints and the end isn't that satisfying but its well worth a watch.

1+

Another vote to taking the plunge. It's been a while since I've watched them but I really did enjoy Farscape (even the latter season with the plot line that's off the wall). As others have said, its an acquired taste. If you get an opportunity to rent or maybe buy Season 1 and give it a go first.

Associate
I used to watch it when I was younger and though I don't really like sci-fi series I still have fond memories of it.

Soldato
Absolutely fantastic series. Look out for all the references to movies and pop culture in general throughout the series (I particulary liked the 2001 homage). I think John Crichton has some of the best dialogue ever in a Sci-Fi series :)

I think "Crackers Don't Matter" is probably the best epsidoe for me (Season 2, Episode 5).

Last edited:
Associate
It's a very good series. Doesn't take itself at all seriously and there are quite a few laughs to be had.

One of my fave episodes will always be the one that was based on the Road Runner and Coyote cartoon :).

Associate
Same idea but I don't think they idea of little maintenance drones to keep a living ship running because the pilot is physically stuck to the ship is something they deliberately stole.

1812 still rules the roost though, he's more like a pet to Crichton.

Soldato
Very good show, Have slowly been working my way through the series since I originally watched them (albeit missing lots of it when it was on tv)
I'm about half way through series 3, annoyingly I can still remember what I think must have been the last episode from when it was on tv *doh*

This is a fantastic series that unfortunatly was cut short although the peacekeeper wars was a good sendoff for the show.

Damn Right

Crichton said:
OK, boys and girls, here are the rules. Find a penny, pick it up. Double it, you got two pennies. Double it again, four. Double it twenty-seven times and you've got a million dollars and the IRS... all over your ass. Round and round and round it goes. Where it stops no one knows. But it all adds up... quick!

Back
Top Bottom