HTC HD - you got one? what you think??

Soldato
Looking at ditching my PAYG with Ornge for the £35 a month contract to get a HTC HD. Love the screen size and the feel of it, but only got 5 mins to play with it in the shop so not long enough to test video/sound/web speed ect.

If you have one of these, give us a unbiased review please.

ColiN - refusing to go near Apple until they lower the price by 50%!

smr

smr

Soldato
Ordered mine on o2. Got some info for anyone in *** same boat of MASS ANTICIPATION as myself:

"Hi Tad,

My name is Richard, I work for Mobiles.co.uk. We do currently have stock of the HTC Touch HD, however before we are allowed to start shipping them out to our customers, all handsets must be network tested. Usually we try to anticipate the date by which network testing will be complete, hence the expected dates for delivery that we originally advertised.

On this occasion the network have taken longer than usual to complete all testing on the handset, however we do expect this to be completed by the end of the week.

We appreciate that you are looking forward to receiving your handset; however these tests are necessary in order to make sure that you have a fully functioning and working handset.

Thank you for you patience, I hope this helps clear things up."

Richard

smr

smr

Soldato
I would write a review on this phone but I wouldn't have anything to compare it to so it would be pretty useless. Interesting post on xda by a long term iphone user, however. He prefers his Touch HD now and says it is a better phone.

Soldato
I've ordereed on from mobiles.co.uk on O2 and am also in the waiting loop. Had a play with one in the Orange shop and loved it. Cannot wait to get my hands on it for a decent amount of time.

Soldato
OP
Give us your personal likes/dislikes smr. or take a few pics and post them up so i can see what it is like taking photos too.

Just want a honest users review of the phone.

Soldato
If it helps you jas07, I moved from a T-Mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) to the MDA Touch (HTC Touch) about a year ago - these things are grossly underpowered compared to what you get now but are essentially the same just rubbisher...

ANYWAY I miss the keyboard. Yes it was smaller and sexier and slimmer but if you like replying to emails on the move or tapping out texts and are used to a qwerty or even just a normal button-based keypad, you might feel a little hard-done-by. I do.

Also on a touch screen, even if you get a little buzz as feedback for hitting the 'keys' on screen, you still have to be looking right at it to hit the right place - you can't really feel your way around as you can with physical keys/buttons.

smr

smr

Soldato
Give us your personal likes/dislikes smr. or take a few pics and post them up so i can see what it is like taking photos too.

Just want a honest users review of the phone.

Yeah no problem...although if I am a bit overzealous with the review you'll have to blame that on the fact that my current phone is.....

pic1.jpg

But ALL of the numbers are rubbed off. :D

Been using it for a few months now and it is a horrid little thing!

That said, before this I've owned the 3310, K750i,T Mobile MDA Vario (qwerty) and a w300i.

Never used a touch screen phone before and as you could imagine I am in for one helluva treat with this Touch HD ;)

Associate
If it helps you jas07, I moved from a T-Mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) to the MDA Touch (HTC Touch) about a year ago - these things are grossly underpowered compared to what you get now but are essentially the same just rubbisher...

ANYWAY I miss the keyboard. Yes it was smaller and sexier and slimmer but if you like replying to emails on the move or tapping out texts and are used to a qwerty or even just a normal button-based keypad, you might feel a little hard-done-by. I do.

Also on a touch screen, even if you get a little buzz as feedback for hitting the 'keys' on screen, you still have to be looking right at it to hit the right place - you can't really feel your way around as you can with physical keys/buttons.

Ive got the Vario 3 at the minute (TyTN II) so im just not sure, i like the sound of the faster CPU but no Keyboard.....aghh i dunno!

Associate
made about 20mins of calls, fairly heavy internet but no wifi or bluetooth. its set to turn off after 2mins so not sure how i can get more out of it.

Associate
I would like to see some pictures taken on it preferably in low-light, so I can be sure that I made the right decision in splashing out on my Nokia N96. :p

Associate
the camera is pretty bad in low light, takes about 3 seconds to focus and shoot. video has a very low framerate and not really useable in low light also. maybe they can fix that later. there also seems to be an issue with the screen rotation.

Soldato
I would like to see some pictures taken on it preferably in low-light, so I can be sure that I made the right decision in splashing out on my Nokia N96. :p
You probably did if the camera is important to you. Regardless of megapixel rating, HTC phones have always had poor cameras.
That's never been an issue for me in the past, and I can't see it being a problem in the future which is why I'm happy to wait for my Touch HD.

Associate
its still a nice phone. i want it for phone, email and some internet which it does perfectly. it also plays avis without having to be converted which look very nice on the screen. the only thing that im not so happy about is the battery but im hoping that can be fixed with updates.

Back
Top Bottom