HTC HD - you got one? what you think??

Soldato
Looking at ditching my PAYG with Ornge for the £35 a month contract to get a HTC HD. Love the screen size and the feel of it, but only got 5 mins to play with it in the shop so not long enough to test video/sound/web speed ect.

If you have one of these, give us a unbiased review please.

ColiN - refusing to go near Apple until they lower the price by 50%!

Soldato
OP
Give us your personal likes/dislikes smr. or take a few pics and post them up so i can see what it is like taking photos too.

Just want a honest users review of the phone.

Soldato
OP
* was childish *

I have a camera, but a phone that advertises a good 5mp camera, i should expect a decent camera, hence this entire thread asking for the views of people who have one and not some web site that had one for 2 days for free. Not hard to work out im asking for views is it now...

I still have not seen any pics taken by the phone yet? has anyone got some they can link so we can see what its like, not expect canon or nikon SLR qual, but something that is passable would be nice.

Power that will last a day with most things on, that doesnt sound too bad. How long does it take to charge of a USB socket?

As for the video's, im sure someone will get an app soon that will play most things for us all, if you do indeed need to convert them at all, not sure as i havent heard this from anyone else yet.

I am still tempted to buy it though, looks good and has everything i want, thing ill just go buy it on contract and see what its like. Just wanted to know any really bad points to it, wasnt trying to find fault with it, or trolling lol..

ColiN

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Went to Orange shop to have a look at this phone, again. They stil lhave not altered it as it comes out the box, a wasted op to sell the phone to poeple imo.

Also, the deal they had seemed a little high cost.

1200mins, 100texts, only 250meg a month interent use, £45 a month.... but i am only on PAYG with them, so no deals for me yet.

How is it with fims and music, no need to convert avi's or anything? cant see the pics you uploaded :(

Colin

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I thin im going to be the same as Trifid here, i dont use many texts, <100 month and about 200-300mins a month is pleanty for me as i use works phone a lot anyway.

What im worried about is the amount of browsing i do, which i love doing and not always near a WIFI spot. So to me the 250mb a month, although is pleanty for emails, for browsing and forum posting, wont last me that long... and Orange dont seem to have a better plan for me either, which is the primary reason i have not got one of these phones yet and waiting for other networks to pick it up.

Still, if i knew someone had one and i could have a play with it, might change my mind lol.

Soldato
OP
So, to all you guys who have now had *** HTC HD phone for a day or more, whats your thoughts on it, worth getting.

Im on PAYG orange witha SPVC600 that ive had for 4 years, so looking forward to this phone. the orange shops in leeds are quiet slow at trying to sell these, none on display, all still int he box, none with updates added to them and the 250mg a month seems a little low and they wont expand that to anything else...

still, i like the phone :)

Soldato
OP
I hope they can be changed as to be fair, ive never used a phone for browsing ect so no idea how much data i would need, but 200mg/month does not seem to be a lot. The fact they say we will charge you for going over too is a bit of a 'con' when it is umlimited!

Still, will wait to see what you guys make of the phone, should have one soon - 2-3 weeks for me, althought Vodafone in Leeds say they have no plans to stock the phone after the new year yet :(

Soldato
OP
I am liking this phone more and more but the scotishness in me is making me wait till after new year lol, hoping for better deals i guess...

But that is a neat program. cant wait to see what else is out soon for it. All we [well me] needs now is a poker program :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You do know ScarySquirrel that we are all waiting for you to get it just right, then we all want a list of the addons and tweaks you have done so we to can have a good phone.

Just warning you to write down everything you have used/done lol.

Soldato
OP
Not a bad price, im going to wait as my spider sense tingles until after new year when i think other phone shops can sell the phone to see what price it comes down to then.

At the mo, any saving is good news for me.

So what apps have you all put on now? just the icon changing and the virtual drum kit?

Soldato
OP
I was expecting more shops to have the HTC HD in for sale by now, maybe the resesion is hitting them harder than they want to let on...

Only found it in Orange and CPW at the mo, so not great deals as i can see me using it on the interent a lot.

Is it true orange do a 7pm - 7pm internet package? or did i miss read that?

Soldato
OP
I guess the PRO version is the same as the HD with a slide out keyboard, thats going to be one thick size phone though.... hope it comes with a rucsac lol..

ColiN

Soldato
OP
I went to orange yesterday in Leeds... told them i wanted the HTC HD with internet access..

£37.50p a month for phone with semi good package, something like 600 mins, 400 txts a month and another £5 a month for internet access package...

£42.50p a month, tried to haggle with them, said i had £30 a month to spend, readynow, will sign right a way, but they were not interested, didnt even give me any other offers, nor another phone package just looked at me and said, over and over, its £42.50p a month...

I walked out.

Will wait a little longer i guess.

ColiN

Soldato
OP
Still looks to be the best phone out there at the mo, with the issues of the 5800 coming to light now, even more so.

Quick question before i sell my soul to orange for 24 months, whats thephone like for playing avi's and mp3... easy as pie or you need 3rd party apps for it?

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Rang the 450 number, got to the orange shop and spoke to a nice lady there.

Offered me HTC HD, 600mins, unlimited text, 250meg internet package for £24.47p for a 24 month contract. Phone is free.

Need to check with work too see how long i have left here, but i think its a done deal for that price.

So cheers all, Seems like by passing the orange high street shop is the way to go.

ColiN

Soldato
OP
* Offered me HTC HD, 600mins, unlimited text, 250meg internet package for £24.47p for a 24 month contract. Phone is free.

Apart from the issue its a 24 month contract, i thought it was a good deal from Orange.

Back
Top Bottom