Poll: Who will you vote for next General Election

Who will you vote for at the next general election?

• Labour

Votes: 43 5.7%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 303 40.0%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 101 13.3%
  • Green Party

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 30 4.0%
  • BNP

Votes: 77 10.2%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 12 1.6%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Abstain from voting

Votes: 84 11.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 54 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I would emplore everyone to find out about the candidates standing to represent them and what they believe in and make a choice based on this.

The problem is, with the party whip system, this no longer works. You may as well vote for a party and if you are voting for a party then we need to move towards PR. Either that or get rid of the party whip system.

With respect to the above personally I will be voting conservative as it is the only chance of removing the current Labour encumbant.

Soldato
Definitely not Conservative, BNP or UKIP.

We are in a bad way at the moment but I would never, ever vote conservative. I remember the Thatcher years and could rant about it but I will spare you all.

I will never vote Conservative as long as Thatcher is alive.

Associate
I'd like to believe you but just read this thread and you've already got a few people saying I won't vote for Brown or that David Cameron is the best of a bad bunch etc. The British public don't even understand how there own election process works which is ridiculous. I would emplore everyone to find out about the candidates standing to represent them and what they believe in and make a choice based on this.

I agree to a point what you're saying, but at the same time the person in the position of Prime Minister holds the final decisions for the really big stuff that elections are fought on - education, health, economics etc.
Nevertheless it is true that my local MP has done some good work and actually made a difference in my area; not all politicians are self-serving *****, just most of them :D

RDM

RDM

Soldato
BNP and UKIP should be banned, racist parties, i thought we fought in a war against nazis.

For a start UKIP isn't racist it just doesn't like the EU none of their polices have anything to do with race as far as I am aware. As to banning political parties, while I would love to ban any political parties whose views I do not believe in it isn't really the way to have a healthy democracy.

Caporegime
Ideally, I would like to Abstain. However, since abstention in this country is pointless due to the percentage of lazy people that can't be bothered to vote, I won't.

I will probably end up voting Conservative. It will depend on their manifesto to a certain extent, although we all know how good political parties are at sticking to that..

I would like to vote Liberal; and depending on policies I well might. In an ideal world the Lib Dems would get into joint power with the Conservatives. Then we'd have hopefully enough check on the Conservatives power to bring some sense to government.

I will never vote for this Labour party.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Definitely not Conservative, BNP or UKIP.

We are in a bad way at the moment but I would never, ever vote conservative. I remember the Thatcher years and could rant about it but I will spare you all.

One thing is clear and that is a government in power for too long is a bad thing for any democracy and even though I am very left wing we do need a change. But I think I hate the blue alternative more.

Funny how people can have such wildly different views. I will not pretend to know in detail what Thatcher stood for, nor can i be bothered to research it, but i know that my father raves about Thatcher as if she was the best thing to ever happen to this country. He also seems to see labour as the spawn of the devil and bangs on about the mess they caused pre Thatcher.

Me personally, i cannot see that either of the main parties will make much difference to my life. I hate the benefit system which labour seem to be so keen on, but i cant suggest a better alternative.

Soldato
I do like how there are those that are flaming the tories... "Remember the Thatcher years.." and all that rubbish... speaking of rubbish, can anyone remember what the Thatcher government replaced? Oh yes, it was another Labour government, one that had driven the country into the ground, the winter of discontent, rubbish piling up in the streets, bodies left unburied, the three day week, the brownouts.. forgotten about that have we?

Both major parties have made mistakes, both have had their time, just happens that we are now moving into a Tory time, and out of a Labour time.

As for me, I'm a tory, may not like it, but it is what I am, what I was brought up with, and what I will remain.. and as such, I'll probably not vote, as I live in a solid labour stronghold. Oh well.

Associate
So whats so bad about the Tories? I was too young to remember their time in power but aren't I right in saying the Labour government who were in before them screwed up the economy (again) and once the Tories got in things went the right way? Then Labour were back via Blair and oh look - we're screwed again.

Associate
Funny how people can have such wildly different views. I will not pretend to know in detail what Thatcher stood for, nor can i be bothered to research it, but i know that my father raves about Thatcher as if she was the best thing to ever happen to this country. He also seems to see labour as the spawn of the devil and bangs on about the mess they caused pre Thatcher.

Me personally, i cannot see that either of the main parties will make much difference to my life. I hate the benefit system which labour seem to be so keen on, but i cant suggest a better alternative.

I think it all depends on your perspective. Coming from a working class Northern Family Thatcher did us no favours. However, there are those that probably did gain from what she did, however my community was not one of them. This is probably true of any government including the current one.

Soldato
Lots of the people who berate the conservatives on here, to be fair, were probably in primary school last time they were in power.

Some of us at least managed to have some grown up time in a society where there were police on the streets, NHS dentists, and Casualty departments at most hospitals.

Associate
I do like how there are those that are flaming the tories... "Remember the Thatcher years.." and all that rubbish... speaking of rubbish, can anyone remember what the Thatcher government replaced? Oh yes, it was another Labour government, one that had driven the country into the ground, the winter of discontent, rubbish piling up in the streets, bodies left unburied, the three day week, the brownouts.. forgotten about that have we?

Both major parties have made mistakes, both have had their time, just happens that we are now moving into a Tory time, and out of a Labour time.

As for me, I'm a tory, may not like it, but it is what I am, what I was brought up with, and what I will remain.. and as such, I'll probably not vote, as I live in a solid labour stronghold. Oh well.

No not forgotten about any of that - and I am not sure that I, or others, remembering the Thatcher years are spouting rubbish. I could never agree to the stepping over your fellow man philosophy.

One think we do have in common is that I live in an strongly held Tory seat so my vote will not count. So much for first past the post.

Back
Top Bottom