anyone remember barrysworld

Associate
Remember the days of barrysworld fondly, played mainly q2xatrix as m4ul{KEA} then changed to gravity{KEA}.

Not 100% certain but I think Tedthedog (BW founder alongside DB) is now sony's community manager for PS Home?

Associate
Oh, thats a blast from the past, Q2 fragfest, even remember renting a TFC server from them and playing a hell of a lot on their servers. Ah the good old days....

And yes jonesy i remember the gamesinferno servers also :)

Associate
*Suddenly remembers playing CS with friends when everyone had 56k and enjoyed the game with full standard map rotations and what felt like a tightnit community*

Nowadays its dust dust dust dust dust with wannabe pr0's and admins winging about stupid things like rates. Hate what happened to CS :(.

Soldato
I think I must have been one of the only people to fork out for a Barrysworld sub before it all went **** up!

I think after that I moved onto the Jolt servers, it had some real legendary servers that I used to queue for hours to get in on 56k. I remember the militia only server was the most popular.

Associate
yeah Barrysworld was a great community, my first LAN experience (I series #3 i believe) was with the guys from IRC QW chat on barrysworld.

I played a lot of QW and then TFC on Barrys and Wireplay, played in the WP TFC leagues too - cant remember my clan name :( Was about 10 or more years ago tho lol.

Also I remember playing on Kali / Heat.net to play Total Annihiliation... great memories.

Back
Top Bottom