Will You Buy Windows 7???

Associate
At work we still have no choice but to stick with XP due to our business system. As soon as we have upgraded or changed it, then we can start to look at newer OS'.

We're still on Windows 2K - we're most of the way through XP deployment, but it's causing massive hassles as we have so many propietary programs running.

I do wonder how much longer people are going to cling to XP if they don't like 7. Don't understand it myself, but I suppose they've had so long to get comfortable with XP that anything new feels 'wrong' to them, regardless of whether it's better or not.

I tried Vista shortly after it came out and found it horrible, so I went back to XP. Having had a decent bash on 7, it's the OS Vista should have been - hopefully the Vista haters will see it the same way, but if they want to stick with XP, then that's fair enough really. The OS wars will continue :)

Soldato
At work we still have no choice but to stick with XP due to our business system. As soon as we have upgraded or changed it, then we can start to look at newer OS'.

I can completely understand a business still being with XP, because they've got a hell of a job making sure that everything that use will work just as well with Vista or 7 as it has been with XP. I'm curious to see how Vista-hating 'average users' will take to 7 though. If they hated Vista so much, I'm not entirely sure how they can like 7 considering Vista is far more similar to XP than 7 is!

But hey, that's trying to put a logical perspective on the sort of thing where no logic really exists. :p

Soldato
Was only going to buy 1x Pro for me and 1x HP for the wife.
Just this moment bought another £44.99 for our laptop as it appears I bought my Dell 1 week too early for the free Windows 7 upgrade Grrrr.

Anyway, I've literally just bought HP for £44.99 delivered.

Permabanned
Was only going to buy 1x Pro for me and 1x HP for the wife.
Just this moment bought another £44.99 for our laptop as it appears I bought my Dell 1 week too early for the free Windows 7 upgrade Grrrr.

Anyway, I've literally just bought HP for £44.99 delivered.

at that price wouldnt you be better off with a technet sub?

Soldato
Technet copies of Windows cannot be used on production machine - the license specifically says this.

Indeed. Stuns me how many people seem to think a licence is a licence and they can do what they please with it. Using a licence outside the terms, such as Technet ones on a production machine, educational ones when you're not in education, OEM on a different machine and so forth is no more legitimate than downloading a totally pirated copy, however much you may like to convince yourself otherwise.

Caporegime
Indeed. Stuns me how many people seem to think a licence is a licence and they can do what they please with it. Using a licence outside the terms, such as Technet ones on a production machine, educational ones when you're not in education, OEM on a different machine and so forth is no more legitimate than downloading a totally pirated copy, however much you may like to convince yourself otherwise.

As long as it activates, people don't care.

Soldato
i pre-ordered windows 7 home premium yesterday morning. i had 2 emails yesterday afternoon, basicly saying thank you for pre-ordering it and it'll be sent out on 22/10/09.

C64

C64

Soldato
Yea but worth mentioning the £39-99 one will be out of your bank straight away the £45 deal will only be taken upon dispatch.

Soldato
Have bitten the bullet and ordered Win 7 HP, as saw it for 39.99 (now expired). Reasoned that as I don't used subscription AV packages, and the price of games, it was worth a punt for an OS.

Still resent how much I paid for Vista for something that is getting brushed under the carpet by Microsoft.

Soldato
Bought a couple of pro licenses last night for £90 a pop

Was thinking of getting 1 pro and 1 home, but thought bugger it - the RDP server clinched it for me. Virtual XP might be handy.

Am glad they tidied things up, Vista ****ed me right off, having to buy Ultimate to have RDP and Media Centre

Nb: My Vista Ultimate licensed copy is now gathering dust as all 3 of my PC's (work, laptop and desktop) are all running Windows 7 RC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom