cant do "save as" on apple trailers

Soldato
using my new media centre pc ... been adding my old programmes together on pc , but got a pronlem when i want to save a movie trailer from the apple site.

i got my version straight with a combi version of itunes and for some reason i can no longer save the trailers , which is a real pain as i like doing that. says options only in pro version

its apple quicktime 7.6.4 . i can do it fien on other pc but this new build i cant ... i'm idoing something wrong ?

Zom

Zom

Associate
using my new media centre pc ... been adding my old programmes together on pc , but got a pronlem when i want to save a movie trailer from the apple site.

i got my version straight with a combi version of itunes and for some reason i can no longer save the trailers , which is a real pain as i like doing that. says options only in pro version

its apple quicktime 7.6.4 . i can do it fien on other pc but this new build i cant ... i'm idoing something wrong ?
You must have Quicktime Pro installed on the other PC.

Soldato
That's hilarious.

The links to the .mov files are in the source of the web page. If they have checks on the referrer, I'm sure you could mock it with curl, wget or similar.

Soldato
That's hilarious.

The links to the .mov files are in the source of the web page. If they have checks on the referrer, I'm sure you could mock it with curl, wget or similar.
We have a winrar. Here's the manual method of doing things:

Take the trailer for Fame (available here) as an example. I can't remember what the equivalent command is on Windows, but on OS X it is possible to run the curl command on the URL for the trailer file provided on the website (in this example the 720p trailer) in Terminal. The command will be as follows:

Code:
curl http://movies.apple.com/movies/mgm/fame/fame-tlr2_720p.mov

and the following will be the returned in the Terminal window:

Code:
OmoovGrmra?rmda'rdrfurl fame-tlr2_h720p.movrmdr

After so many times doing this you realise the trick is to insert an "h" before the resolution designator, i.e. "720p" becomes "h720p". Recently the movie trailers page was also placed in the "movies.apple.com" subdomain, but the actual trailer files are not on a subdomain.

Remove the subdomain, add an "h" before the resolution designator, and run it through curl again with the -O switch (i.e. curl -O) as follows:

Code:
curl -O http://[b]www.[/b]apple.com/movies/mgm/fame/fame-tlr2_[b]h[/b]720p.mov

There you have it. The actual trailer file will start downloading.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom