Countryfile Photography Competition 2009

Soldato
Looks like our very own Richard Peters is on the judging panel this year!:D Well done matey, and its good to see you continuing your success. On another note; I spotted one of my pics on the judging table in front of John Craven. I've had my photo on the BBC! Go on Richard, get one of mine in to the final. ;)

Edit; Hmm, that wasn't a very good lineup. I liked 2-3 of them, but most of them were mediocre. :/

Last edited:
Associate
I forgot to enter. Do you have a link to the photo of yours you saw?

I agree with you on the lineup, it was pretty uninspiring. I think the snowy squirrel one will win.

Soldato
OP
I forgot to enter. Do you have a link to the photo of yours you saw?

20090328160334_dsc_8694_edit_edit-edit.jpg
:)

Associate
Good luck to your friend; that and the squirrel image are my favourite two. I like 'Flower Power' as well. The mouse image is one of the most obvious calendar photos I've ever seen.

Thanks for the link MK. I think some of your bird and insect photos would have flown into that top 12 but the one above does suggest more of the 'wild' to me.

I'm a bit gutted I didn't enter now, but this year has disappeared so fast!

Associate
No way!! I picked that one, bloody lovely image and one of the better landscape shots that were entered!

I didn't enter, however my friend is through to the final 12, his is "Morning light" (the one with the Deer)
And that was pretty much one of my favourite images not just from the ones I picked out but full stop!! in fact it's the one I decided to talk about! fantastic image and I really wish your friend the best of luck!!

You can see some 'behind the scenes' shots and read about the day HERE on my blog, for those interested in such things :)

Soldato
OP
No way!! I picked that one, bloody lovely image and one of the better landscape shots that were entered!

Thanks Richard. Bit gutted I didn't get further, but I guess the odds were stacked against me with over 30k entries. The other ones I entered were;

20090328160334_dsc_8694_edit_edit-edit.jpg

20080911181239_blue_light_district_by_messiahkhan.jpg

20090504205328_dsc_0165-edit.jpg

20090404161428_dsc_7188-edit.jpg

Just read your blog as well. Looks like you had a good interesting day. I know can put a face to your name as well. :) Good luck to your friends picture Tim. It's probably my favourite of the remaining 12.

Back
Top Bottom