New 5870 System Build - Please Check for me!

Soldato
Ok I want to build a 5870 based gaming PC but I'm very sensative to noise and want it to be as silent as possible as i'll also use the pc for work.

newspec.jpg

1) Will the Sileo case be ok and fit the HD 5870 and the Noctua CPU cooler without any problems?

2) Is it easy to replace the stock case fans with the noiseblocker fans?

3) Should I use Noctua fans instead of Noiseblocker ones?

4) Will I be able to get a decent overlocker with the above system?

And if anyone has any better alternatives please let me know.

Soldato
I hear that akasa AK-FN057 Apache Super Silent 120mm Fan are very good, you should invest in a fan controller to make them even quieter.

That coolmaster case doesn't look all that great i would buy a case from the antec pxxx series (i own a p182 does a good job)
The new 5870 isn't all that quiet so invest in a custom cooling when they come out.

Soldato
OP
I hear that akasa AK-FN057 Apache Super Silent 120mm Fan are very good, you should invest in a fan controller to make them even quieter.

That coolmaster case doesn't look all that great i would buy a case from the antec pxxx series (i own a p182 does a good job)
The new 5870 isn't all that quiet so invest in a custom cooling when they come out.

ok here's a new spec then :-

newspec2.jpg

If I get the P183 will it fit the Scythe Orochi cooler?

I've also added 4 akasa fans to replace the ones that come with the case and a zalman fan controller for optimum speed tweaking.

Associate
For a silent cooler my advise is a scythe mugen II with a noctua p12 @ 7v completly silent

very low temps comparable to true , Megahalems etc but trades 1/3 degrees for 3/4 DB

Associate
the new cards are quite long mind similar size to a 4870x2 i though i read might be wrong will tht fit in that case alight also they exhaust some of the hot air inside the case so you want so way of gettting that out well duno if that case will be up to it?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
tenewcards are quite long mind similar size to a 4870x2 i though i read might be wrong will tht fit in that case alight also they exhaust some of the hot air inside the case so you want so way of gettting that out well duno if that case will be up to it?

Which case are you refering to the Sileo or Antec P183?

Soldato
OP

I've been reading on silentpcreview.com that the P183 doesn't fit all large graphics cards. To fit the 5870 will I have to perminantly remove the upper hard drive cage and mount the hard drives in the lower hard drive chamber?

Associate
i dnt think they will fit in the p183 and i dno if they will fit in the sileo either since they are so long and if you were finking about crossfire at some time then you defo shouodlnt use either realy as they will hit stupily high temps and could cause problems inside your case id invest in something with a bit more cooling potential personally i am thinking about getting a raven 2 for myself and getting some as they are quite silent since the size of the fans and have grat cooling for such cards but they do cost about 100pounds if you dont like the look of that case the new fortress might suit you but it cost more again

Soldato
OP
I just thought it was a little bit expensive, you could have the Patriot Viper 1600 for £89 I think it is, though they are CAS8 instead of 7 like those DIMM's you have specced.

Thing is I heard the patriots aren't as stable is you upgrade to 12gb which I may do soon.

Back
Top Bottom