cheap 22 inch monitor

Associate
Im looking for a cheap 22 inch monitor must have display port.
does any1 know of any.
might have to sell my 3 dell 2209wa ips monitors.

Soldato
Had a quick search, the Dell P2210 and HP LP2275w immediately stand out.

Of the two, the HP looks far superior as it uses an S-PVA panel compared to the Dell's TN. However, the Dell is ofcourse cheaper.

Out of interest, why the need for DisplayPort? Is DVI-D not good enough for your fantastic existing dell monitors?

Associate
OP
Had a quick search, the Dell P2210 and HP LP2275w immediately stand out.

Of the two, the HP looks far superior as it uses an S-PVA panel compared to the Dell's TN. However, the Dell is ofcourse cheaper.

Out of interest, why the need for DisplayPort? Is DVI-D not good enough for your fantastic existing dell monitors?

only just found out the ati 5870 cards will not run on dvi. not even with a adaptor i just bought. u need 1 thats display port :(

Soldato
Yea, I was under the impression that you could use 2x DVI-D + 1x HDMI to create a 3 screen Eyefinity, hence you could do it with your current monitors (just need one HMDI to DVI-D converter).

Associate
OP
Yea, I was under the impression that you could use 2x DVI-D + 1x HDMI to create a 3 screen Eyefinity, hence you could do it with your current monitors (just need one HMDI to DVI-D converter).

my monitors have dvi port only so i have tried to connect with hdmi with adapter and display port with adapter both dont work.
had email back from ATI i need @ least 1 monitor with display port.
so im going to have to sell one of my monitors only had it 2 mins lol.

Associate
my monitors have dvi port only so i have tried to connect with hdmi with adapter and display port with adapter both dont work.
had email back from ATI i need @ least 1 monitor with display port.
so im going to have to sell one of my monitors only had it 2 mins lol.

Are you sure :S... DVI and HDMI are electronically compatible. You can get active displayport to DVI convertors too.

Associate
OP
Are you sure :S... DVI and HDMI are electronically compatible. You can get active displayport to DVI convertors too.

yes im using 1 and they dont work. u need a display port monitor.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:37 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from ATI....

Dear Customer,
Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200241085]} has been reviewed and updated.
Response and Service Request History:
Yes, you are correct, there is no way some one with three monitors with dvi only ports on them can use eyefinity for a tri monitor set up. The display port to display port is required.
In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.
Best regards,
AMD Global Customer Care
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.
The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

Associate
They said eyefinity, not just a simple tri-monitor set up?

Plus if you have an active displayport to DVI converter how is that any different to using a displayport monitor exactly?

Associate
OP
They said eyefinity, not just a simple tri-monitor set up?

Plus if you have an active displayport to DVI converter how is that any different to using a displayport monitor exactly?

i bought a dongle which says its active and will work but it dont. the funny thing is it does work and the hdmi lead but i can only have 2 screens active @ 1 time. spent a good 6 hours trying today. not a happy chappy.

Back
Top Bottom