Arctic Monkeys - Humbug

Soldato
OP
Search for what? The only thread I can find was started in July and not been posted in since the album was released.

I admit my thread is crap but I was expecting a much better album. The only track that doesn't suck is Crying Lightening, but I knew this before the ablum was released, like we all knew...

Which tracks do you like Fubsy?

Soldato
Humbug is awesome, better than Favourite Worst Nightmare imo.

But then again, I also thought they were the best act at Leeds :p

Cornerstone, Pretty Visitors and My Propeller are all great!

Soldato
The reason I like it is that they have matured, they've grown up and you can tell.

As for which songs I like? I can't pick any that are terrible songs, if you listen to them they are all very good. Instant hits like past songs? no, but this is a quality album, not an album with a few hits on.

Soldato
It's really, really good in my opinion, feels great to see them progress with every album. Sounds like you may be more suited to the first album as you seem to like their more easily likeable tracks and the instant hits. This is more of an album than a collection of pop songs.

Soldato
I've not been impressed by their thrid album to be honest. Very much like LSP, a bit sort of dark and moody. Pretty Visitors is probably my favourite track on the album, which I put down to it be most like their old stuff.

Soldato
OP
Right, been listening to some more today... Cornerstone is good, reminds me of Morrissey a bit (a good thing) and the lyrics in Pretty Visitors make me lol.

Hope it's a grower.

edit: Love the lyrics in Crying Lightening though... Iccy van, I wonder if anyone outside of Sheffield knew what it meant:p

Last edited:
Soldato
I cant see how the OP is surprised, its the Arctic Monkeys, they are not very good.
The thing that IS actually surprising is that somehow they have managed to release THREE albums.
THREE, whats happened to the world?

Soldato
I cant see how the OP is surprised, its the Arctic Monkeys, they are not very good.
The thing that IS actually surprising is that somehow they have managed to release THREE albums.
THREE, whats happened to the world?

There's a hell of a lot worse around at the moment and a hell of a lot of it :) Even if you don't find it to your taste, all you have to do it look at the charts and see abominations like Mika, Basshunter, Tinchy Stryder, Sean Kingston, Sugababes, Black Eyed Peas, JLS blah blah blah

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a hell of a lot worse around at the moment and a hell of a lot of it :) Even if you don't find it to your taste, all you have to do it look at the charts and see abominations like Mika, Basshunter, Tinchy Stryder, Sean Kingston, Sugababes, Black Eyed Peas, JLS blah blah blah

The Artic monkeys awfulness is not excused simply because there are other awful acts out there.

Back
Top Bottom