• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What cpu needed for gaming on a 4890 @ 1920x1080

Soldato
Nope, my lil brother runs the exact same CPU at 3ghz with a GTX 280 and a 22" monitor so you'll be fine. The Q6's are brilliant CPU's.

Last edited:
Associate
Depends on the game you are playing really, some games could show no difference. Others however are more cpu reliant so you could notice quite a difference between your rig and say an i7.

Associate
Your cpu will be more than enough and will in no way hold back any graphics card. Most games are GPU limited these days. You may also be able to get some more out of your Q6600 as most will do 3.6Ghz.

This.

Higher Overclocks / Better processors really only needed for Multi-GPU setups at present, in my experience.

Associate
+1 for o/cing the Q6600.

The i5/7 range whilst impressive currently won't give you any tangible benefit in terms of gaming, it's encoding processes that the i range shine in over other cpu's.

Stick with your Q6600, it'll tide you over until the next line of cpu's hit the stores I assure you.

Back
Top Bottom