Which Case??

Associate
Hey everyone,

I'm getting sick of my Mesh case, It's VERY cramped with 2 4890s and I am after something a lot cooler.

Would you guys recommend the antec 902, or the coolmaster HAF 922 case? Or any other cases you would recommend

Which one is cooler?

This is my first time buying a brand new case and my specs are in my sig if it helps.

Thanks

Blinghound

Soldato
I'm looking at a Coolermaster ATCS 840 case for myself actually (can anyone confirm how good it is?). In a similar position to yourself, hope you don't mind me jumping in and asking for some advice too ^^

Soldato
I'm getting sick of my Mesh case, It's VERY cramped with 2 4890s...
Would you guys recommend the antec 902, or the coolmaster HAF 922 case?
If you don't like cramped case why should you even consider Antec's Hundred-serie?
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/antec_nine_hundred_two/images/cleaner.htm
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cooler_master_haf_922/images/system.htm

Depending on what's your budget and style of case you're looking there could be also plenty of other options than HAF 922.
("Mesh" doesn't do much to identify your current case)

Associate
OP
sorry EsaT, I really had no idea about how cramped the antec is, I've just heard so many good things, I just assumed :p

I ordered my computer from Mesh computers
(EDIT: buy from overclockers only :p)

and it's just one of their own brand cases, but I've pretty much replaced every single component since then :)

which cases would you recommend?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just heard so many good things, I just assumed :p
Case of "Million flies can't be wrong"?
Many people just seem to have Chinese child worker sized hands considering what they call as spacious. That's why the first thing to do is searching for reviews for seeing pictures of the case.

There isn't any single fits to all case.
First there's that budget and possible size limits.
And style is big factor: thousand and one holes (leaking all noise out) magpie's nests... shiny and colourful plastics like cheap Chinese toys... or plain functional style (with possibly noise containing design) which doesn't depend on fashion.
So what are your requirements in those areas?

Associate
OP
well, my budget is up to £150, and I don't have any size limits. I want the best cooling possible and any noise reduction would just be a bonus :)

I'm not too worried about the looks either, obviously it would be cool to have a stylish one.

Thanks again

Associate
It's a nightmare choosing anything here isn't it??? I know we're all trying to help, but I'm after a new case too, and everyone has their own favourite.

My current case is an Antec 900 which I HATE. It's way way way too cramped and was just awful to build with. My next case definitely won't be another Antec, possibly looking at the Coolermaster 840 as I like how it looks and the airflow is good.

It's all down to personal preference, the more research I do the more frustrated I get. I had settled on the Corsair 800D until I read that the air cooling is dire. I could buy the H50 for it, but that's another £50!

*sigh*

Soldato
It's a nightmare choosing anything here isn't it??? I know we're all trying to help, but I'm after a new case too, and everyone has their own favourite.

My current case is an Antec 900 which I HATE. It's way way way too cramped and was just awful to build with. My next case definitely won't be another Antec, possibly looking at the Coolermaster 840 as I like how it looks and the airflow is good.

It's all down to personal preference, the more research I do the more frustrated I get. I had settled on the Corsair 800D until I read that the air cooling is dire. I could buy the H50 for it, but that's another £50!

*sigh*

I'm thinking about the Coolermaster ATCS 840 also mate. Sounds like a good case. But then someone comes along as throws a spanner in the works, by saying something else is better, because the case does one thing, but another case keeps it 1C better.

I would just like the genuine views of people who actually own a ATCS 840. Anyone care to share views?

Soldato
Associate
Er did they actually bother with cable management in that 902 picture or did they make it as messy as possible on purpose to put people off? They certainly didn't use any of the cable management holes that are predrilled.

If you do the job properly then it looks more like this

29pfbxk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom