• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Weird problem advice appreciated.

Associate
My card is a 4850 never overclocked and runs fine...

I transferred everything into a new case and now the following happens. I turn my PC on and the red light on the card stays on. At first I was thinking it was not seated properly but now Im not so sure. I would turn it off and check that it was seated. It always appeared to be fine and the PC would then boot ok.

This morning as usual the same happened again. This time I turned the main switch at the back of my PSU off and on again. This time the graphics card was fine no red light stayed on and all booted ok.

Do you think I have a problem with the motherboard or graphics? The PSU is a Tagan 700w.

Permabanned
If you look closely at the gfx card next time light comes on, youll see theres actually about 4 of them, each labelled, eg D601, if you see which one lights up and google it, it will tell you what problem is

Soldato
If you look closely at the gfx card next time light comes on, youll see theres actually about 4 of them, each labelled, eg D601, if you see which one lights up and google it, it will tell you what problem is

that is actually some good info if my card's ever had the same problem.

thank you.

Permabanned
sounds like its either not getting enough or its getting too much voltage, and this is prob throwing the temp out too, can you get hold of a spare PSU to try (borrow one off a mate or somat) I suspect your PSU is dying

Associate
OP
sounds like its either not getting enough or its getting too much voltage, and this is prob throwing the temp out too, can you get hold of a spare PSU to try (borrow one off a mate or somat) I suspect your PSU is dying

Thanks for the reply. I cant get hold of a spare PSU. I had overclocked my Q6700 so I reduced that back to standard and it booted fine. Of course this could be coincidence. Ill monitor it.

Associate
OP
Just an update. Since I reduced the CPU to stock speeds the system is fine. After several hot and cold restarts plus some stress testing no problems.

Would this indicate a mobo problem rather than GPU or PSU?

I ask because with my previous CPU E6700 it ran at the same clock speed for a year.

Back
Top Bottom