What would you do?

Associate
Hey I recently got the ATI 4870 gpu and a coolermaster 650w psu.
I notice that in games there is slight stuttering and graphics dont really look HD and I wanted you opinion which of these 3 things would play the biggest role in that.

1: 2GB Ram running at only 667MHZ
2:AMD 6000+ dual core processor
3:20inch VGA input monitor using vga/dvi adapter on gpu

I got told that with vga monitors you lose quality and this could account for the stuttering I am getting and not HD quality in games as the signal in vga is compressed where in dvi its not due to it being digital?
Also what would you do in my position, Get a new monitor or get a new inter i5 compatible mobo and a i5 processor or what else would you go for?
What would I benefit from the most?
My budget is about 250 pound,
Thanks guys

Soldato
Hey I recently got the ATI 4870 gpu and a coolermaster 650w psu.
I notice that in games there is slight stuttering and graphics dont really look HD and I wanted you opinion which of these 3 things would play the biggest role in that.

1: 2GB Ram running at only 667MHZ
2:AMD 6000+ dual core processor
3:20inch VGA input monitor using vga/dvi adapter on gpu

I got told that with vga monitors you lose quality and this could account for the stuttering I am getting and not HD quality in games as the signal in vga is compressed where in dvi its not due to it being digital?
Also what would you do in my position, Get a new monitor or get a new inter i5 compatible mobo and a i5 processor or what else would you go for?
What would I benefit from the most?
My budget is about 250 pound,
Thanks guys

I presume you've played Far Cry 2 which gives the 4870 micro stuttering? If so, do max_fps 30 or something along those lines and it fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom