Aaaargh Windows 7

Soldato
I've been trying to install Windows 7 Pro (from MSDN) for the last 3 days, for some strange reason it's asking for cd/dvd drivers for my Pioneer dvdrw and for sata drivers for the hard disk. What makes it worse is the RC1 version i've got here installs fine. I was able to feed it the cd/dvd drivers by changing the disks over (which for some bizzare reason stopped working :confused:) but I can't feed it the drivers for the sata from the RC1 or by swapping the disks over. I've also tried using usb converters to make both the hard disk and dvdrw usb but it only works for the dvdrw as it says it can't install to usb hard disks.

Does any have the sata drivers for an SG31G2 that work with W7 coz none i've tried work :(

MW

Aod

Aod

Soldato
yeah, sounds suspiciously like you've got a duff .iso or a bad burn - try redownloading the correct ISO and reburning it :)

the SHA1 hash for the .ISO you want is 50127304441A793EE51B3F501289F6599A559E9F :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Another colleague at work had the same issue with the 64-bit version so he ended up installing the 32-bit so it's not the burn it must be the iso. I didn't download the iso, another colleague at work did as my MSDN login wouldn't allow me to d/l software or keys. It was downloaded to his office up the round and then transfered across a lan extender to our server

MW

Back
Top Bottom