• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5850 or ?

Associate
Hi,

I've been thinking about getting a whole new system lately, I was going to get a 5870 in a month to start off this new build.

But now I've decided to put it all on hold for a year whilst I clear my credit card, but I still need a graphics card to replace the one that's broken.

I have Q6600 stock, MSI-7235. I was thinking of just getting the 5850 to tie me over for a year, but I wanted to check it wasn't going to be too overkill for the cpu, and that I should spend even less.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Soldato
How about a Powercolour 4890? They're out of stock at the moment but they're only a few quid more than the Sapphire 4870 that you were looing at originally.

Associate
OP
How about a Powercolour 4890? They're out of stock at the moment but they're only a few quid more than the Sapphire 4870 that you were looing at originally.

Thanks, I will keep an eye on it but will probably be ordering tomorrow, so will see what's in stock when it comes to order.

Back
Top Bottom