Can someone explain the Halo multiplayer game to me?

Associate
Okay I may sound like a noob here, but bare with me. I actually think my questions are valid.

I played Halo 1 mulitplayer on the PC, which I though was great. However I personally think that Halo is at its best when the vehicles are involved. No game has done vehicles as well as halo has imo. I also liked to play capture the flag modes mostly and team death match secondly, and only on maps that had vehicles. So can some one tell me; on the 360, how the hell I can select to play on Capture the flag modes only and for maps which have vehicles? Or at the very least, Capture the flag mode only? On the PC you would have a lobby where you could select modes and map - simple. On the 360 I seem to be dictated to as to what I play.

Also - is Blood Gulch there anymore? That was an ace map!

Lastly, what has ODST brought to the multiplayer modes? I did not play Halo 3 online due to the reasons stated above. However I did have a brief look. From what I can tell, the same stuff is packaged with ODST. Whats new?

Cheers in advance guys.

Associate
Halo 3 has the greatest flexibility to date if you wanted a specif game mode with specific vehicles.

I used to always play capture the flag with quads, hogs, banshees, ghost, elephants, and dropships all as useable vehicles in the map

Associate
OP
Halo 3 has the greatest flexibility to date if you wanted a specif game mode with specific vehicles.

I used to always play capture the flag with quads, hogs, banshees, ghost, elephants, and dropships all as useable vehicles in the map

Well can you explain to me how I do this? I cannot seem to see this option in the menu anywhere.

Soldato
Go into matchmaking and choose the social skirmish playlist you will get lots of different objective based games rather than just deathmatch.

Valhalla is loosely based around blood gulch.

ODST comes with 2 disks, the campaign disk where the only multiplayer is firefight where you team up with other people to kill wave after wave of computer controlled enemies, the other disk is just halo 3 multiplayer with all the maps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom