Powermat wireless charging for Apple iPhones/iPods

Av8

Av8

Associate
Just been looking at this wireless charging for the iPhone & iPods, sounds really good to have something like this. I certainly will be buying a Powermat (Home/Office) and a cover for my iPhone and one for the Nintendo ds, nice bit of kit. Due for release on the 4th October, not sure on UK prices when available here but US prices are good for the kit. $99 for the powermat $39 for the iPhone cover $29 for the ds cover. I'm over in Vegas next week so i'll be buying it all then. :D

Link: Powermat Wireless Charging

Av8

Av8

Associate
OP
Yes i understand what you mean but i'll certainly look at it first before i make the purchase, though they do a dock that's for both iPod & iPhone i may just get that instead. I'm sure it will get better with time.
The whole idea i think is fantastic though, anyone else like the idea of this kind of tech?

Soldato
Its not exactly new technology, just a new application.
Its not efficient either, not at all. Looking at the specs its uses just shy of 3x the power of a regular charger.

Looks expensive too.

Also like feek said, look at its application in the palm pre. Nice and tidy.

Soldato
though they do a dock that's for both iPod & iPhone i may just get that instead?

So you'll put your iPod/iPhone in a dock that's on a powermat that's plugged in?

You could just put it in a dock that's connected to the computer and sync at the same time, or connect it to the mains, and save yourself money :p

Av8

Av8

Associate
OP
So you'll put your iPod/iPhone in a dock that's on a powermat that's plugged in?

You could just put it in a dock that's connected to the computer and sync at the same time, or connect it to the mains, and save yourself money :p

Yes there is a dock, but as you've said i could connect to my mac and sync n charge at same time. Personally i don't need to sync it every time i need to charge the iPhone, hence this powermat. :p

Back
Top Bottom