how to scrap a car

Associate
hey guys,

about 2 years ago I had a 205 that died on me on the motorway. I had a mate of a mate with a flatbed truck take it away and I haven't seen it since.

I declared it as sorn at the time and refunded the tax left on it but I need to scrap it permanently and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Can anyone give me a blow by blow account of what I need to do??

Many thanks in advance

:)

Associate
OP
I dont have the car anymore.

it got taken away and i haven't seen it since.

(I'm not having ago and I thank you for your time and your post, but please read the OP before posting...)

:)

legally, want do i do to tell the DVLA that it is scrapped??

Soldato
There is a bit on the v5 which you fill and send in to say that it has been scrapped. Need to supply the name of the company which scrapped it though.

Associate
OP
cheers for the replies.

If you’re not given a CoD or your vehicle is not being destroyed, then you should complete the V5C/3 ‘Notification of sale or transfer’ section of your vehicle registration certificate (V5C), and send it to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BD. You should get a letter confirming that you’re no longer responsible for the vehicle.

That'll do it then.

Cheers Janesy :)

Associate
I have scrapped loads of cars and never once provided evidence. Just tick the "scrapped" box on the V5 and send it in.

yeah, ahve taken loads to the scrappies, i have never had to provide any form of identification. just tick the box as permantly of the road.

how do people break cars if they need to provide prood of scrappage? total rubbish.

when they send you the sorn reminder does it not have an option of permantly of the road?

Back
Top Bottom