Naked airport scanner

Caporegime
That's the thing as well, I can't see it actually being any quicker as most people will have their stuff taken off and in the boxes waiting for the ones before them to go through the metal detector, which is certainly faster than this. :confused:

At the moment the detector is the thing that slows the system down.

Soldato
Couldn't they work a system that actually only highlighted the objects rather than showing the bodies as well?

Also another thought, how do they get around things like watches and necklaces?

What about metal plates (et all) in peoples bodies?

Soldato
Although I'm not bothered about people seeing my wang, I don't understand why it's in a seperate room? If the person doing the scanning was nearby and you could see them then people's fear about the image being abused would be put at ease because they couldn't easily take out a cameraphone, etc.

Have the booth against the wall so no "passers-by" could have a look at the screen and the problem is solved. By having the viewing monitor in a remote place it could obviously be open to abuse if the people are even that bothered about it. I'm sure the novelty would soon wear off after your first set of American tourists go through...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If this reduces the lines at the airport then I'm all for it :)

That's the thing as well, I can't see it actually being any quicker as most people will have their stuff taken off and in the boxes waiting for the ones before them to go through the metal detector, which is certainly faster than this. :confused:

Despite repeated announcements to "have your passport ready" you always get people who approach with a confused look, only to fumble around while everyone behind them has a giant facepalm moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I wouldn't mind even if one of my images did end up on the internet as:

- you can only see the outline of the genitals anyway
- you would never be able to identify me as the person in the image (except for the enormous schlong concealed in my trousers)

My only concern is that I would get strip searched, based on staff suspicions that I was trying to smuggle a giant German sausage into the country :(.

Caporegime
Physics. Contrary to popular belief, you can't open an emergency exit at 30,000ft.

You need to de-pressurise the plane first.

Ahha, good point. Completely forgot about pressure.:o

If this reduces the lines at the airport then I'm all for it :)

Despite repeated announcements to "have your passport ready" you always get people who approach with a confused look, only to fumble around while everyone behind them has a giant facepalm moment.

And you think that's going to change when they install these?:p

I wouldn't mind even if one of my images did end up on the internet as:

- you can only see the outline of the genitals anyway
- you would never be able to identify me as the person in the image (except for the enormous schlong concealed in my trousers)

My only concern is that I would get strip searched, based on staff suspicions that I was trying to smuggle a giant German sausage into the country :(.

:D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

And you think that's going to change when they install these?:p

Yes. According to Scuzi's post, it simply requires you to enter a booth and twirl = much quicker than emptying your life in to a plastic box and removing your belt, shoes and watch.

Soldato
Yes. According to Scuzi's post, it simply requires you to enter a booth and twirl = much quicker than emptying your life in to a plastic box and removing your belt, shoes and watch.

But how does that help against your point of people not having their passports ready?

Soldato
Invasion of privicy, yes you get searched to go in clubs but that is a small thing, going on holiday isn't as easy to give up and is done by under 18s.

Just because there have been attacks on planes doesn't mean there will be in the future.
It is now a very hard target and not that effective at killing.

Much easier to plant a bomb in a stadium or shopping centre.

So after we pay lots of money terrorists simply change their tactic, so we put them in other places, they change again.

It is just going to cost money and our privicy in the end for little security increase.

There has to be a better way.

Caporegime

And according to someone elses he needed to take various bits off anyway, however that's not the problem, you will still need to take various items off (bag, handbag etc) and wait in the queue to go through like you do now. Al most airports if someone hasn't got all their things people behind just go through the scanner ahead of them. However as I mentioned before I think it's the people going through the scanners that slow the line down and if scuzi is right then I can see it being at least 30seconds for the person to get in, twirl, walk out and be told they can go, whereas now it's about 10-20 seconds to get through a scanner.

I can see their reason for usng it in a security sense, however I think the time saving side is a load of *******.

But how does that help against your point of people not having their passports ready?

And also, when do you show your passport at security anyway.:p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

That point was: airports deploy overhead announcements for many things (my example: passports), yet people still ignore them and cause queues while they dig out their passports.

Having a system that requires no pre-meditated requirement is a good thing. IMO.

And according to someone elses he needed to take various bits off anyway, however that's not the problem, you will still need to take various items off (bag, handbag etc) and wait in the queue to go through like you do now. Al most airports if someone hasn't got all their things people behind just go through the scanner ahead of them. However as I mentioned before I think it's the people going through the scanners that slow the line down and if scuzi is right then I can see it being at least 30seconds for the person to get in, twirl, walk out and be told they can go, whereas now it's about 10-20 seconds to get through a scanner.

I can see their reason for usng it in a security sense, however I think the time saving side is a load of *******.

And also, when do you show your passport at security anyway.:p

You may be right, it might take the same amount of time for the actual process but it's just annoying when people don't think ahead (which was my point). Until I use the system myself then I will never truly know, however I've had plenty of experience with airport scanners and I fancy this idea could improve things. As for passports.. See above :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom