Stuff you know that others wouldn't know because of your job.

Caporegime
People who are blood group O are more likely to have higher levels of stomach acid hence why they are better suited to breaking animal protein than the other groups.

Soldato
so the crash position serves to purposes - (a) kill you quickly so the company doesn't have to pay for hospital care, (b) keep your skull and more importantly your teeth near to your body in the case of an accident..

Not according to MythBusters! They tested this and the crash position is safer than not being in the crash position.

Soldato
Not according to MythBusters! They tested this and the crash position is safer than not being in the crash position.

It's safer in the sense you don't head-butt anything, if the seats move and cause crushes to your legs etc (see the medical bills increasing at this point) then the seat is also likely to either compress your skull or break your neck both are usually pretty terminal..

I remember studying this for HazOp - odd things you do on a software degree! For normal instances, bracing is 'safer'. I'm just stating what I was told :)

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
If you work in software development, try to work for a Spanish company as their IT chicks are much, much, much hotter than our IT chicks...

Man of Honour
Acronyms make it fun though. :)

I can't possibly agree with that although I've discovered that at my work they make acronyms using other acronyms so a layman has almost no chance of guessing what's going on - some would argue that's the point but I'm trying not to be quite that cynical about it.

Other than that there isn't too much I'd want to say about what I've learned, need to keep a bit of mystique and all that.

Associate
A certain supermarket has just begun a tactical warehouse alignment, if you know what it means feel free to let us know.

We also bin close to 3k a week in out of date but perfectly edible food. Oh and if you report finding out of date food in a supermarket they can be fined 5k so push for that free stuff.

Soldato
A Unicorn brand Dartboard is slightly bigger than any other Dartboard. So if you buy a Unicorn cabinet/surround you have to buy a Unicorn board for it to fit, and vice versa.

Bit of useless information for you.

Edit: And another bit, Its extremely rare to find a Tortoise shell cat that's male.

Last edited:
A certain supermarket has just begun a tactical warehouse alignment, if you know what it means feel free to let us know.

We also bin close to 3k a week in out of date but perfectly edible food. Oh and if you report finding out of date food in a supermarket they can be fined 5k so push for that free stuff.

When I worked at Tescos that never happened

Nom Nom Nom ;)

Associate
I know where all the CCTV cameras are in the Toby carvery I eat at regular. And that they cost £85000 to set up. And they only upgraded from monochrome three years ago.

I know that if that Toby Carvery actually paid £85,000 for a CCTV system then they were ripped off :D

Holy mother of god. 85k on CCTV for a pub that serves food?!? Is that how much it costs these days?

It costs that much if you get ripped off :p

It costs the underground £1000 for a metal bracket to fit the camera to.

It's costing the LUL £35m to move equipment from one room to another 5 metres away to prepare for Crossrail.

I don't work there but I know someone high up.

Wonder if it'd be possible to claim back the cost of my travelcard because TFL are ****ing stupid!?

Back
Top Bottom