Stuff you know that others wouldn't know because of your job.

Associate
Not sure if this has been done here before, but read it on another forum and some the answers are very interesting! Apologies if it has!

I shall start.

If you have a late bet on a race in a bookies, or even a football match for that matter. As long as it is not stupidly late i.e. the race is over before your bet is placed you will be able to get paid 90% of the time. Sometimes the manager will use their discretion to pay it, however if you rub them up the wrong way they will not pay you out of badness!, so be nice about it! If the manager refuses, just ring the customer help line and 9 times out of 10 they will ring the shop and tell the manager to pay you.

Your turn.

Associate
Have a fairly decent amount in my line of work and where I'm based, everything from planned terrorist raids, drug raids, terrorist medical needs/transfers, Manchester United info, medical conditions of the rich and famous, knowing what really happens at crime scenes and so on.

Caporegime
That I used to be able to access your credit history and see exactly how much you owe on cards, catalogues, hp, your earnings etc in a temp job I had once at one of the credit agencies.

And I wasn't supposed to know the password to do that as I didn;t have security clearance but my boss gave me her password one day to do something cause she was being lazy and she never changed it.

Other stuff I learnt was that armed forces personel and students used to get automatic acceptance for credit cards whatever their credit score was.

Soldato
The plastic lock boxes (safers) are on our stock file at £1000 each! and they're for store use only.

also, when running the yearly audit, it's possible to hide stuff, and when everything has been counted etc, the item is no longer part of our stock, and is therefore untraceable*

*was a co-worker who found this out and told me after he left the company, Never done it myself as I have morals :p

Back
Top Bottom